Author Topic: Consultation events on the personalisation agenda  (Read 7520 times)

ursula

Consultation events on the personalisation agenda
« on: January 28, 2010, 06:39:03 PM »
Adfam, the Alliance, Drugscope and EATA have received funding from the Department of Health to form a Drug Sector Partnership.  For the first year of the project, the Alliance is focusing on consulting on and agreeing a set of values, expectations and responsibilities for working with users on the personalisation agenda. 

We will be holding a series of consultation events across England to do this.  There will be two half-day events in each region which will be held on the same day.  The morning event is open to non-service user stakeholders in drug treatment and the afternoon event is for service users only. 

These events will be free to attend but places are limited.  If you want to attend please email Daren Garratt at daren@m-alliance.org.uk to book a place. 

Stakeholder consultations will run from 10.30am to 1pm and service user consultations will run from 2pm to 4.30pm on the following dates:

05/02/10 - Birmingham - Smallbrook Suite, Holiday Inn, Smallbrook, Queensway, Birmingham B5 4EW
08/02/10 - Nottingham - NVAC, 7 Mansfield Road, Nottingham NG1 3FB
10/02/10 - Cambridge - Express by Holiday Inn, 15-17 Coldhams Park, Norman Way, Cambridge CB1 3LH
15/02/10 - London - Room 6, NCVO, Regent's Wharf, 8 All Saint Street, London N1 9RL
16/02/10 - Guildford - Guildford YMCA, Lewis Carroll Room, Bridge Street, Guildford GU1 4SB
22/02/10 - Taunton - Lyngford House, Sedgemoor Room, Selworthy House, Priorswood, Taunton, Somerset TA2 8HD
24/02/10 - Manchester - Peterloo Room, The Mechanics Institute, 103 Princess Street, Manchester M1 6DD
25/02/10 - Leeds - Express by Holiday Inn, Armouries Drive, Leeds LS10 1LE
26/02/10 - Newcastle - Jury's Inn, Scotswood Road, Newcastle NE1 4AD

wastedyouth

Re: Consultation events on the personalisation agenda
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »
Ursela, do you ever have any events in scotland as i would have been really interested in coming along to one of these events, or is there anywhere that you can point me to that holds events like these but in scotland it would be great if there was. THANKS
Dont wait for someone to bring you flowers.  Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul

ursula

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 10:39:56 AM »
Hi,

We're not funded to run these events in Scotland, and I actually don't even know whether Scotland is on a similar timetable for personalisation in drug and alcohol treatment to England's.  A quick Google suggests that where it's happening in Scotland in other social care settings, it's happening more slowly. 

I don't actually know off the top of my head who would be the best people to ask in Scotland - do any of the other Scottish posters have any idea whether there's any consultation going on around personalisation for drug and alcohol service users?

Sorry that I haven't got more information for you - I hope someone else will be able to help.

Ursula

wastedyouth

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:36:10 PM »
Thanks for replying anyway ursula. I will maybe try the Scottish Drug Form THANKS
Dont wait for someone to bring you flowers.  Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul

banksy

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »
I would like to be able to go into a drug service and get a resume on each worker to see which one i think would suit my needs.
I get super pissed off when allocated a drug worker that they can presume to save you when they dont know there arse from there elbow

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 12:47:32 PM »
Whenever I have asked my prescribing GP about my worries on "time limited reductions" etc. ( this is in Scotland ), his face goes quite blank, looks at the nurse who shrugs her shoulders then tells me that it is him that writes the script & I've got nothing to worry about. He did mention something about guidlines one day but said that they are only guidlines & as long as I need a script he will provide me with one. My only worry is what happens if he ever moves away, or gets sick as he is the only prescribing GP in my area ( the only one willing to to it, the other GP's don't have the time for the likes of me! ).
Drugs workers come, & drugs workers go but as long as he's the prescribing GP I think ( touch wood ) that I'm safe enough. He's got enough common sense to realise that reducing somebody against their own will is a negative action & he will more than likely see them again, looking for another substitute prescription. If somethings not broken then don't try to fix it!
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

louisebra

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »
hello new to this forum but as every one is aware there is loads of bashed everywere .is the any events on or planned for over the next few weeks in the biemingham sandwell area.................about reducing risk or anything am scripted and see a advisor but i usually get in and out as quick as , i find it difficult to talk to her ? thanks