Author Topic: BBC Panorama - interview subjects wanted!!!!  (Read 12370 times)

sapphire

• Administrator
Re: BBC Panorama - interview subjects wanted!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 11:56:07 AM »
@Froude - Hi, how are you?!  :)

The only thing that I am really concerned about with regards to 'coming out' is my work. The industry that I work in is quite tight knit, so if I told my current employers it would spread like wildfire throughout the industry.

I really do not give 2 hoots what people think about me being in treatment, what I worry about is that it would affect the way that I am treated at work, possibly passed over for promotion, or be the first out the door if redundancies are on the cards, or maybe it would be impossible to get another job if they all knew I was on methadone?

I know that not all people are tools about drug treatment, but a lot are, and they genuinely think that methadone is some kind of government funded heroin fix, and that everyone on it is a drooling idiot who cannot get their head off their chest and would rob their granny given half a chance.

As far as my friends and acquaintances go, most of them know that I am on MMT, and I don't care what their opinion of that is. Most of them have actually been really positive about it, which was pretty cool.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 01:16:48 PM »
Is this thread even relevant now ? Are the BBC still in the process of producing a episode of Panorama on the subject of OST ?
The original post was posted several years ago   ???  . With Cameron & his cronies pushing people into a world of abstinence while lining their buddie's pockets with the PBR wages of sin I wouldn't be surprised if this particular episode had been scrapped, or if it is produced I have no doubt that the BBC will be under pressure to put a negative spin on any kind of long-term prescribing.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 11:03:39 AM »
I very much doubt it is relevant today. if there had been a program we would have been aware of it by now. Maybe there was not a program because not enough people stable on MMT consented to be filmed? I know I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't want my family to get crap for it, and I wouldn't want my job to know.

I couldn't really give 2 hoots what people think about me, but I do care about how they treat my parents, and I care that I don't get sacked!!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 12:25:15 PM »
Call me cynical but I think it was probably scrapped because there are many people thriving on MMT which wouldn't fit in with their crap policies.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 12:10:48 PM »
Yeah you could be right. They probably thought that they'd find a load of people who were all fucked up and then the only people that wanted to do it were people doing really well on MMT.

It's shame there is such stigma, or I would do something like that.