Author Topic: Facebook and treatment.  (Read 5522 times)

MattYorks :) :-)

Facebook and treatment.
« on: June 21, 2011, 09:10:17 PM »
I have set up a page on Facebook to gauge peoples thoughts as to weather we should - as a country - offer people that are being treated for Heroin addiction in the UK!

Should we have the option to use Diamorphine until we feel stronger enough to make a new life, Should we just be parked on Methadone and still continue to use street heroin or should we not be given anything at all?

Please like, leave and pass-on your comments here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamorphine-for-trouble-some-Heroin-Addicts/212917065413311

Anon33

Re: Facebook and treatment.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:04:32 PM »
Matty the probo with face book....it gives all and sundry your details.....what if we want to be anon....how do we get past it....any ideas????

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 04:33:52 PM »
Many people are just writing " anonymous ", personally I think that's a cop out but at least some have backed it up with positive comments. I wouldn't imagine that they would count anon. votes anyway. Only 136 approx have signed so far so I doubt whether it will get any media coverage & there is somebody out there that probably has a similar name to your's. Just use your initial then your second name, if anybody says anything then deny all knowledge. Please do sign in some way though, & tell people about it, I don't think anybody knows...? If they do know then not many people agree.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

Flip

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 05:14:25 PM »
I have to  question the value of  trying to get petitions signed by people who if not actually engaged in illegal activities are highly cautious about giving out any personal information.

A petition with a thousand anon signatures is worthless. The whole point of a petition is that you are willing to take a stand, you cant really take a stand without identifying yourself. The supposition behind a petition is that if whoever you are petitioning was to turn up on your doorstep tomorrow and ask your opinion on this matter  you would give the one stated by you in the petition. False names and addresses or anon signatures really just degrade the value of a petition and there's nothing worse for your case than your opposition proving that half your petitioners don't really exist.

You can either be a confessed drug addict or ex addict and sign petitions or you can keep your anonymity, most addicts and ex addicts  seem to choose the latter option.

Flip
"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither"

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
is there a way around this problem?

I don't think it should matter any way as if you use Facebook allot you are always liking things, just means you have to lie if ever confronted.

Its a shame is this - Do we have another way forward?
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nomoremethadone/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamorphine-for-trouble-some-Heroin-Addicts/212917065413311

hazell246

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 03:52:53 PM »
you have got six likes on your fb page

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 09:39:54 PM »
Many people are just writing " anonymous ", personally I think that's a cop out but at least some have backed it up with positive comments. I wouldn't imagine that they would count anon. votes anyway. Only 136 approx have signed so far so I doubt whether it will get any media coverage & there is somebody out there that probably has a similar name to your's. Just use your initial then your second name, if anybody says anything then deny all knowledge. Please do sign in some way though, & tell people about it, I don't think anybody knows...? If they do know then not many people agree.

I think it's all wrong anyway the nomoremethadone, as any addict would know it is a blessing really if you are addicted to gear, rattle wise.. They just named the thing wrong on the spur of moment.. Must ave done.

Awwh well Hazell. It's going up, there is eight now. You will have to sway me Hazel love on that argument that is taking place on the page.

I would also like to say to Stephen B something don't seem right here as you aint giving a good answer, a strong enough answer but I would say more but it won't give me the potion to reply on that thread "   
Round table discussion: medication assisted recovery"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:49:11 PM by mattyorks »

hazell246

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 03:37:22 AM »
WOOP WOOP YOU HAVE 11 LIKES NOW on your face book page

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 06:39:10 PM »
I dont know where we can advertise the link on other sites, or what sites.

Do you know any sites that it would be good for ppl to link up to the facebook page?
I know that 11 aint much but where do you advertise things like this??

Here is the liunk if you come across such sites.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamorphine-for-trouble-some-Heroin-Addicts/212917065413311

t is as easy in a facebook search by typing diamorphine for trouble-some addicts.

Better drugs now is what I may well say!!

hazell246

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 06:55:37 PM »
i have pm a few people on facebook i know with a message and the link address to see if they will like your page or comment so just wait and see xx

hazell246

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 01:24:20 PM »
 :) :) :)you have 17 likes on your fb page now and a comment off some one woop woop
 :)

froude

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 08:39:18 AM »
Ive gone on the page www.petitions.com/petition/nomoremethadone and keep coming to to:To get suitable opiates perscribed to Heroin Addicts.I was under the impression that methadone is a suitable opiate to perscribe Herion Addicts. It says on that site,the first lines are: "Its Time For Heroin Addicts to be treated Fairly And Not Fobbed with Methadone and Subbotex perscriptions,then goes on to say that Methadone has its place as a tool in recovery and makes a lot of addicts function.So its time to to be treated fairly and not fobbed off with Methadone and Subbies and then says Methadone has its place in recovery ,wish they would make their bloody minds up about Methadone,and then you click on another and it says diamorphine has a sucess rate of 6% in getting people clean versus oral methadone also at 6%,and then you go to another link from something or another saying the Kings College RIOOT results proove something else.To be honest there is so much information going about no wonder people are going around with loads of questions and getting no answers,no one knows whether their coming or going.Personally i think that whatever kind of position the addict is in they should have a meeting that confirms what kind of treatment they should be on,whether it is injectable heroin from Toro Boro,or injectable morphine from the doctor,or Methadone ,injectable or not,subbies, but ultimately it has to come from the person who is going on the treatment as they know themselves better than anyone.There could be loads of things they could implement,like starting off on injectable morphine and then changeing or staying on it,wherever you are, on your treatment.We all know that every person is different and the length of the treatment is different to compliment that person.Instead of SLAGGING off methadone and Subbies i think that we should embrace the different ways of treatment.Not long ago in Prison no matter what you had in a way of addiction you was given a 120mil of DF's and that was it if you was lucky, and for pain management it would be a paracetamol x 2.This no more Methadone is getting right up my nose as well as my Ass,and its got to stop.Have a good day all the best Froude.
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

froude

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 11:33:25 AM »
Sorry i meant RIOTT,which seems to be the only one out there that has actually done a trial.Have a good day,Froude
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »
I know it does my head in the same as you. I dont wanna name people but I think I now realize whom set that particular petition up.

oh, and btw, there is 16 "likes" on Facebook, someone seems to have "taken them selfs off" lol

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 05:47:34 PM »
This is Liz Green on BBC radio one on one show. Its hour is a great one. A woman who's mum worked as a stripper to bring cash home for her family to survive, but when she has had enough of her job and the stress gets to here it is a really heart-breaking story.. Well worth a listen guys, you wont be let down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00j5prq/One_On_One_with_Liz_Green_03_08_2011/