Author Topic: New Consultation Survey  (Read 12903 times)

simon

• Global Moderator
Re: New Consultation Survey
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 12:14:07 PM »
Im soooo sorry i had to laugh Simon about the Election,probably will happen lol.Froude

Lets hope not hey,100,000 sigs,GOOD GOING ALL YOU OUT THERE WE NEED 200,000 now and then we will get the Election after that lol

Drug users petition you say? There's a gravy train to catch choo choo all aboard  - NO, not you peasants.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 01:41:28 PM »
Yea & the dependant user is the gravy, yet we will never see a penny of the train. Unless they start giving cash pizes for whoever can reduce of their meth at the fastest possible rate , can't see that happening they want all the cash for themselves. Patient's well-being...what's that ? Get the dirty methheads of the juice so the criminal underground will prosper. It seems such an obvious route for disaster ? People have been using & abusing substances since they found out they could, do they expect to change thousands of years of human behaviour by pushing people of their stable scripts which have been succesful means of recovery for the last 40 years in some cases ?!
People will just either switch substance of choice or they will get their opiates illicitly.
Seems very obvious to me, but then my mind is clouded with drugs 24-7. Yeah.
Lot of rubbish. I apologise if i've gone a bit off topic. :)
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

bp

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 02:26:30 PM »
There are an awful lot of people who don't have access to a computer, many of these are amongst the most vulnerable and disadvantaged and we do need to hear their voices. If possible could you print out as many copies of the survey as possible and get people to fill them in. You can then scan them and email them to us or just post them to: The Alliance, 32, Bloomsbury St., WC1 3QH. If necessary, I  will send  send you copies of the survey -tell me hown many you realistically think you might need- and an SAE in which to return them to us.

I look forward to an avalanche of mail.

Thanks

B

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 02:29:50 PM »
Y'know OP there was a govt. report released the other week about how numbers in treatment are falling,and as such the govt. thinks drug use is falling.

How can they be so stupid? The number of people in treatment is falling due to people being forced off their scripts and back to street drugs, or that people refuse to jump through their DSP's hoops and are so sick of worrying if they'll even get their script next week that they have gone back to the only certaintity they know - heroin. Cue a huge increase of people entering treatment again in 12 months. Fucking ridiculous.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 05:53:59 PM »
Y'know OP there was a govt. report released the other week about how numbers in treatment are falling,and as such the govt. thinks drug use is falling.

How can they be so stupid? The number of people in treatment is falling due to people being forced off their scripts and back to street drugs, or that people refuse to jump through their DSP's hoops and are so sick of worrying if they'll even get their script next week that they have gone back to the only certaintity they know - heroin. Cue a huge increase of people entering treatment again in 12 months. Fucking ridiculous.

Not just me that lives in the real world then as I thought exactly the same.

usandthem

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »

Thanks bp I will try and get some print-outs for local S/Us to fill out. Sapphire do you think users are going to want to return to a system that is bullying them to come off the meds they are signing up for??. My relation went in to service around Feb/March and was only in the service for 5 weeks. I repeat 5 WEEKS!! and she found she was not exempt from the coaxing to reduce. She thought the dsp knew what they were doing and didn't want to fall out with the persistent key..She finally gave in to the constant badgering...5 months down the line she has reduced down 20 mils at 1ml a week and now smokes 3 bags of heroin to top up. She only smoked 4 bags a day when she entered. As soon as she got to her level where she wouldn't need her gear - she was fare game. They bullied her down and now she has 2 habits..The heroin and the methadone...Nice one CRI..You would think I made this up but it is actually true and happening as I type this post. 5 WEEKS in service. How unprofessional - How wrong!! John
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:34:32 PM by usandthem »
The desire to alter your state of consciousness is universal

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 07:25:05 AM »
That's fekkin ridiculous John. 5weeks !!! I have had mates that have tried a bit , decided they couldn't cope with a habit very soon into their dependancy & gone to the CDT asking for a 6 week dff detox, but that was their choice. I don't think I've ever stabilised on meth in 5 weeks before, I don't think many could stabilise properly.
As for other drug-use they may be seizing more cannabis but everybody I now does it DIY now. Not been out on the club scene for a while but all my mates who still go out still consume vast amounts of e's, coke & the rest.
Drug consumption down my arse, how can they tell when it's hidden from their eyes ?
Thanks Simon for enforcing my views that I do live in the real world, just the other day a drug-nieve poster my local forum tried to say I was utterrley mad & the meth was clouding my vision. Good to know that I am not writing insane posts & that others who are involved in treatment know the truth. Unless you live a life outside of sanity as well...?!!!
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

froude

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 07:35:12 AM »
OP8S,your the sanest here ,well one of them ;D,all the best Froude
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2011, 10:27:27 AM »
Thanks bp I will try and get some print-outs for local S/Us to fill out. Sapphire do you think users are going to want to return to a system that is bullying them to come off the meds they are signing up for??. My relation went in to service around Feb/March and was only in the service for 5 weeks. I repeat 5 WEEKS!! and she found she was not exempt from the coaxing to reduce. She thought the dsp knew what they were doing and didn't want to fall out with the persistent key..She finally gave in to the constant badgering...5 months down the line she has reduced down 20 mils at 1ml a week and now smokes 3 bags of heroin to top up. She only smoked 4 bags a day when she entered. As soon as she got to her level where she wouldn't need her gear - she was fare game. They bullied her down and now she has 2 habits..The heroin and the methadone...Nice one CRI..You would think I made this up but it is actually true and happening as I type this post. 5 WEEKS in service. How unprofessional - How wrong!! John

That's what I was saying. That figures of people in treatment are going down due to mis-treatment from DSP staff.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 06:03:08 PM »
OP8S,your the sanest here ,well one of them ;D,all the best Froude
Maybe on the surface mate, doesn't feel like that sometimes. Cheers, All the best.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 06:13:16 PM »
PMSL  ;D

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2011, 10:49:43 AM »
So what's the grand total now ? A whopping ten surveys. Myself, Derek, Sapph, Froude, Matty, US&THEM, Jimmy, Physepto & maybe a few others. I'm begining to think that substance users need a good kick up the arse. We should all have the right take whatever substance we care to in a safe manner ie. not supplied by the criminal underground but regulated & distributed in the appropriate manner. I believe that's a human right as long as no harm is done to others & most other substances can be taken safely.....but then that's crazy talk!!

MattYorks :) :-)

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2011, 08:17:44 PM »
Yeh, Im still begging for the treatment that I know I need, although I dont really come-on to the site anymore I am still trying for that script that will make my life and many others better.

And no mate, that is not crazy talk in what ever whay you think, it is totally sane, we know what we would benefit from for the time being, untill we get board.. (of it).

angiesims AKA true grit :)

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 04:51:50 AM »
Tried filling the survey in but it says survey's now closed lol I know Im gonna sound divvy here but is that closed cos its 4.51am lmao!! ;)

froude

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 08:30:51 AM »
Funny you should mention that OP, as MOBY in one of his Album's(one with "GO" in it )inside on the cover.He starts having a little go at how we can be done for abusing our own bodies ,as they do belong to us ,he is going on about drugs at the time as i seem to remember( he never tried heroin then ,well not when he wrote that lol)Ithink it he goes down the human rights bit aswell.
Matty why you not on the Alliance no more,or should i say the lack of you on the Alliance,hope you and the family are ok ,and more importantly YOU!,hope you ok and we are just down the end of a sinal if you want/need a chat ,All the best Froude
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other