Author Topic: New Consultation Survey  (Read 13005 times)

Ken Stringer

Re: New Consultation Survey
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 04:14:31 PM »
Thanks John.  I would rather keep the title as it is at the moment, to call it forced reduction survey immediately makes the survey and therefore the results biased, they then become far less useful. Ken

froude

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 03:33:27 PM »
Fair Play Ken ,Top Bloke,just filled one in ,i like it ,All the best Froude
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

usandthem

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 04:47:10 PM »
OK Ken I understand. I think its great to have someone taking up their own time to help the cause and I can't thank you enough. I will try and get the link around to other friends who have a similar problem with their service. John :)
The desire to alter your state of consciousness is universal

Ken Stringer

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 08:46:19 AM »

Much appreciated John. I would be interested however in people's views on this so I'm going to start a new thread looking for some stories. I am worried about this as a trend and will be raising it directly with the Department of Health.

Ken

Ken Stringer

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »
Also, just to say we currently have 44 responses. I really hope we can get up to round the 100 mark. Will keep you posted

Ken

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 11:49:10 AM »
I'm just giving this a bump.

usandthem

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 09:47:15 PM »
I have been down to my DSP my normal key was away today. (Thank god!) Anyway they invited me in for a coffee and a look at the new service users canteen (Very posh). I saw one of my old holistic styled key-workers pop her head round, she wanted to see how I was doing. So I explained I was a bit down in the dumps as my current key was more target driven than anything else - and I was suffering under the keys pushing me around and getting me to reduce against my wishes. She said come in - we'll have a chat. I explained I was not happy. She then gave me her number, told me to level off if I have been tapering against my wishes. She said reductions must be done when the user is fully ready. She also said (Gobsmacked) that she would take me back under her wing. I do not have to talk to my old key again as I now have a new key. Yaaay!!!  Cheesy  Also, from being her past client before she moved to a different service. She assured me she has merged with CRI and she is there for good. She has a great holistic track record, tons of experience, and is very towards user's choice always comes first. In to see the GP soon to check me over then transition done and dusted and a load of grief off my mind. My old key back. Excellent news. I will still be posting on the m-A so that I can support other users going through a similar misfortune as I went through. I know as long as she remains my key I will be in good caring hands. What a relief. Over the moon. A big weight off. Never felt so liberated.  Cheesy
Simon - how do I get an avatar to show up on my posts? John Smiley
The desire to alter your state of consciousness is universal

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 12:12:22 PM »
Nice one mate. One battle won! Glad you got things sorted.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

wastedyouth

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 05:59:35 PM »
just filled in your survey, i hope something good comes out of this, and love to see someone trying to fight our fight with us, thanks again
WASTEDYOUTH
Dont wait for someone to bring you flowers.  Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul

Fluoro

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 09:49:15 AM »
Why don't the Alliance do one of those new government e-petitions? There are more than 100,000 people in drug treatment, & if it gets over this amount it has 2 be discussed in parliament.

Also, a good way 2 advertise the site & this survey Ken, would be 2 do a video on youtube explaining about the survey.

I have completed the survey, but am wondering why the 100 responses is an important figure.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 11:30:21 AM »
Tomo,
While it may be a good idea do you know of any of these petitions that have worked? I don't know any but it's probably a good way to divert people from getting in touch with M.P's - not that they take any notice anyway in my experience.

Fluoro

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 12:28:48 PM »
Simon,

I only know of 2 e-petitions (correct me if I'm wrong) that have reached the 100,000 figure. The one about taking benefits off the recent riot particapants, which was ridiculous because if u take the bit of money that most receive, they would have 2 rely on crime anyway.

The other is the Hillsborough petition, which got just under 140,000. Although they discussed the Hillsborough disaster this week, I was a bit pissed off that Cameron wasn't there. In fact the room was nearly empty beside N.West MP's, & a couple of Yorkshire MP's. I was hoping they were gonna nail gun Thatcher 2 one of the seats & let her answer some questions. The Home Secretary was there, & the documents relating to what the government was thinking in 1989 are now going 2 be released. So that's worked

The Lpool Echo front page headline the next day was 'AT LAST'..But the governments that corrupt, I can see a lot of shredding going on..But we will have 2 wait & see.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 12:49:52 PM »
A petition may well reach 100,000 signatures and be put forward for discussion at some point if things like Afghanistan, Swine flu, pensions or corrupt ministers being caught doesn't get in the way. Oh is it time for a general election, wow time just runs away with us. Perhaps i'm cynical.

froude

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 06:54:57 AM »
Im soooo sorry i had to laugh Simon about the Election,probably will happen lol.Froude

Lets hope not hey,100,000 sigs,GOOD GOING ALL YOU OUT THERE WE NEED 200,000 now and then we will get the Election after that lol
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 09:13:44 AM »
I don't suppose that any Gov will take up the thorny issue of drug treatment, best left alone till it crumbles will be their attitutde. Could the Alliance deploy written surveys in the DSPs ( that would agree ) I would imagine the majority of users don't have access to a pc/laptop.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell