Author Topic: 2012 Conference  (Read 18801 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: 2012 Conference
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
Maybe the women involved are thinking of starting up a construction company ? You do get some odd activities on offer. Usually attended by a DSP employee & one or two unfortunates who have been press-ganged into the whole affair.
   " What do you want today OP8S ? To learn how to point a camera at something ? ...No thanks just give me my script & I'll be off thank you very much, I've got a life to lead. "   :)
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

usandthem

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2012, 08:00:42 PM »
I could just imagine at the conference the gathering of the purple pageantry, like juggallos but out of touch with reality. That alone would send my blood curdling. It takes a calm blooded mammal to sit in the presence of such types. The purples, in their infallible knowledge, will knock you down where you stand; and Yes, they know and understand You better than You yourself.

It is community safety in numbers for the purples. The ones rejected from the UAF for spitting in folks faces, but then get invited into support the recovery agenda in drug treatment like agents working for putin.

The ones who live down the road from that junky they can't stand and want to see laws stiffened to accommodate the feeling they get of imbalance. Once they have gatecrashed entry and talk loudly, without microphones, over everyone else, you will sense their unease with your presence in the room.

Good luck. I can not be there with you in person, but I am with you in spirit, to counter this purple infestation into the justices of drug treatment uk. I will be there next time; I make a stiff promise. I will bring my safety pin to pop those purple balloons.

Stand up Alliance for you are strong and you have the evidence, and you have the facts. Good luck and god speed to all, of this forum, who attend. ♥

John
The desire to alter your state of consciousness is universal

froude

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 05:55:00 AM »
Will it be the purple rinse brigade on one side,and then when its time to go in they say INDIGO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D,Froude
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 10:32:51 AM »
Froude, Michael McIntryre you ain't!!  ;D

Although it did make me giggle!!

Mind you, a few years down the line, half of us (the female half I hope anyway) will be the purple rinse brigade, I'm going to have a green or pink rinse, just to be obtuse!

derek d j

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2012, 12:27:11 PM »
The purples, in their infallible knowledge, will knock you down where you stand; and Yes, they know and understand You better than You yourself.
John

That presumption is a key, and rather frightening aspect of the whole business. Far better they all think like me. He who knows anything knows he knows nothing, etc.
RIP

Anon33

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 11:55:18 PM »
If any of you's are going to the conference it would be good to catch up in the flesh.....I smoke lots of roll ups and talk loudly- you can't miss me ;)

bp

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2012, 11:27:41 AM »
Yes Anon33, Jules, Linda and I will be there; it'll be good to see you again.

B x

derek d j

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2012, 11:46:38 PM »
Were you there, Anonymous One? I accosted a number of large stick carriers in search of a Scottish accent and a timid companion but earned only funny looks and, from one, a bewildering offer of citric.

My thoughts are on the 'Outrage' thread in General Discussion so I won't duplicate them here.
RIP

Jules

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2012, 06:49:21 PM »
For those of you who weren't at the fantastic National S.U. Conference this year:

http://www.drinkanddrugsnews.com/magazine/46ba37c990ff448a94373e8ba9c84589.pdf#view=Fit

It was a privilege, as always, to be a volunteer at the event.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2012, 10:15:09 AM »
This scottish accent was told that there was no point in funding my trip to the confrence as it would not be relevant, simply because I live in Scotland. I didn't agree & sent a letter of to the faceless manager of the CDAT ( who apparently was a bit of a dope fiend in his day ), I recieved the reply after the confrence even though I did mention the date. I'm pretty sure it would have been relevant to any user in the UK ??
I'm disapointed I missed it as compared to others in my area I have quite a lot to say & refuse to roll over, reduce my dose as so many others seem to be doing at the moment. The overdose rate in my locale seems to be at an all time high, even though the quality of the gear on the streets is definetly not at an all time high & yes, most of these deaths are of people who have left treatment in the last year.
The powers that be refuse to take any kind of responsibility, saying that the last time they saw the deceased out in public & enquired into their well-being they said that they were .." fine " . Which is what most people would say when approached in public, you're hardly going to drop to your knees tell them that you're using, drinking like a fish etc. & could you please give me my script back.
The system of hassling users to reduce before they are ready is so wrong. Personally I can't remember the last time I got the reduction hussle, saying that I had to be extremely firm with those involved for at least a year.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell