Author Topic: Important New Survey  (Read 3571 times)

Ken Stringer

Important New Survey
« on: April 16, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »
In 2010, the Coalition Government released its new Drug Strategy, with a focus on ‘recovery’. In March 2012, the Government issued a new document entitled ‘Putting Full Recovery First’ This is described in the document as: ‘...the Government's roadmap for building a new treatment system based on recovery’.

The Home Office describes it as the ‘Recovery Roadmap’.

This survey is intended to provide a means for service users, providers and others in the field to confidentially share their views and understanding about the ‘Recovery Roadmap’. We want to ensure that the complexity and seriousness of the issues at hand are fully taken into account by the Government. In the absence of a consultation on this particular document, this is your chance to provide feedback.

The results of this survey will be made public, but all participation is anonymous. We do not request names, contact details, or professional affiliations.

Questions are multiple choice. There is a space at the end for general comments.

PLEASE COMPLETE THE SURVEY BY FRIDAY 20 APRIL

The 2010 Drug Strategy is available at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/drugs/drug-strategy-2010/

'Putting Full Recovery First' is available at http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/alcohol-drugs/drugs/recovery-roadmap
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G7MWVY5

sapphire

• Administrator
Re: Important New Survey
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »
Done.

This is one of the most harmful load of old knobs that has been published. I can forsee DSP's interpreting it as they must throw everyone off their scripts, as abstinence is the only "real" recovery. ::)

All that will happen is people forced off scripts will go back to drugs, and OD deaths and BBV's and crime will all increase.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:50:48 AM »
Who is it that writes these one sided questions ?? Of course if everybody was in " full recovery " there would be less chance of the HIV virus spreading. Likewise if it was mandatory to wear condoms when having sex with another person. They fail to see that we will never have a population that doesn't prefer to use various substances instead of just the state sanctioned ones.
These people appear to live in a world quite far removed from the real one.
I have filled it in though as well as providing them with a short essay at the end
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

andy222

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 10:50:30 AM »
Hello I have been following this site for quite a while.

Have completed the survey.

What a load of tosh. But I thought I will complete it because its the only way I can put my thoughts across.

By the way, an excellent site, yes i'm on methadone. ;)

NeilHunt

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:06:05 AM »
Done.

I was just promoting http://www.myrecoverymychoice.co.uk/ too and couldn't help thinking it ought to be profiled on the Alliance's home page. And that on twitter The Alliance needs a hash tag for this campaign. Probably not enough hours in the day? But thought I'd mention it anyway.
Good work regardless!
Neil

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 04:38:34 PM »
Done.

I was just promoting http://www.myrecoverymychoice.co.uk/ too and couldn't help thinking it ought to be profiled on the Alliance's home page. And that on twitter The Alliance needs a hash tag for this campaign. Probably not enough hours in the day? But thought I'd mention it anyway.
Good work regardless!
Neil
More like not enough staff after recent redundancies. Have had a look at the site above & was pleasantly surprised that MAR is considered to be just as valid as recovery through abstinence. We are the people that the whole treatment sector revolves around & shouldn't be considered any less recovered than those that choose to abstain from their particular choice of substance.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell