Author Topic: South Warwickshire Drug Treatment Service  (Read 3968 times)

sapphire

• Administrator
South Warwickshire Drug Treatment Service
« on: November 06, 2013, 01:47:03 PM »
South Warwickshire drug treatment service, encompassing Rugby, Nuneaton, Stratford Upon Avon and Leamington Spa is doing a good job of things according to one of our members.

It seems to be embracing the new recovery initiative without discarding or consigning to the waste bin of active addiction, their long term maintenance patients.

It's good to hear some positive feed back! If anyone else has anything, good or not so good, to say about their DSP, please let us know!

Jackwhan

Re: South Warwickshire Drug Treatment Service
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »
Mmm ...... sounds familiar  >:(

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 01:40:21 PM »
Mmm ...... sounds familiar  >:(

Sounds familiar to what?!

Jackwhan

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 05:14:49 PM »
Hi

It sounds much the same as the approach adopted by my local DSP; the reason for reducing that I am drip-fed at each and every doctors review (which thankfully occur only once per three months). If you are stable and have been in treatment for x amount of time, then you are ready to move onwards (through the 'treatment' service door never to return) and hopefully upwards .... thus enabling whoever to collect a fat wad of cash while receiving endless praise for yet another fantastic 'result'.

Only what many will use to create that feeling of onwards and upwardsness remains open to question. A fat pipe of crack perhaps ......... and maybe a bag of brown to ease the impending comedown? Only the once though  :-\ as a treat for achieving that highly sought after 'purple warrior' status ::)

Wishing you all a very merry Xmas - hopefully one free from DSP-induced trauma

J
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 05:22:26 PM by Jackwhan »

Jackwhan

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 05:30:57 PM »
Apologies. My rant needs to be moved to the Scunthorpe and North Lincs thread!!

Bloody hell, the doctor must be right. The subbies have damaged my ability to even read with accuracy, let alone live a happy and stable life  ;D

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 12:13:39 PM »
LOL, I did wonder what you were on about, as the South Warks service has been the only one so far that we have had a complement about!!

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 12:14:42 PM »
Jack

I can't move your posts, can you just do a few lines in the Lincs thread to tell people what is happening please?

fixed

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
Hi

It sounds much the same as the approach adopted by my local DSP; the reason for reducing that I am drip-fed at each and every doctors review (which thankfully occur only once per three months). If you are stable and have been in treatment for x amount of time, then you are ready to move onwards (through the 'treatment' service door never to return) and hopefully upwards .... thus enabling whoever to collect a fat wad of cash while receiving endless praise for yet another fantastic 'result'.

Only what many will use to create that feeling of onwards and upwardsness remains open to question. A fat pipe of crack perhaps ......... and maybe a bag of brown to ease the impending comedown? Only the once though  :-\ as a treat for achieving that highly sought after 'purple warrior' status ::)

Wishing you all a very merry Xmas - hopefully one free from DSP-induced trauma

im with Jack on this one, I'm really starting to hate every appointment now because I know what to expect & the more they go on about it the more determined I am that its never going to happen. I am happy where I am ( in the waste bin ). My appointments are really starting to stress me out now & as I get back in the car & light up to try & calm myself down im more & more tempted to go pick up a couple of bags on my way home just to chill my self out. So basically this new agenda has just pushed me back to where I was 20+ yrs ago.

this is probably in the wrong place isn't it, sorry.
J

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 01:41:56 PM »
@Fixed, yep it is in the wrong place!! I can't move it though sorry.

Bottomline

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 06:24:05 AM »
that's look promising, never heard of it though.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 01:21:30 PM »
LOL, you probably wouldn't have, unless you live in that area!!