Author Topic: new Highway (the new DSP in my area)  (Read 3337 times)

froude

new Highway (the new DSP in my area)
« on: December 15, 2013, 10:52:10 AM »
We had letters  given out to us for the  Xmas  period ,saying to ring for script changes n that .I contacted them as as per ,hell  wish i hadn't ???????

Now the whole point of the letters was to sort out our scripts ,so when i asked for my twice weekly pickup to change to just one week over Xmas and pick up normal next ,you would think ,no problem .Well it hasnt been cleared ,so the point of the letters??? ,as i said i was going way they wanted to know the Chemist i was going to ,thought the point of it was ,im going away ,so take a weeks worth,as it took to much trouble i said fuck off do one nicely to em .

Now me n Jo have to go un see the head doc or they will stop our scripts,now i call that BEING HELD TO RANSOM ,my fucking god ,if we hadnt picked up the letter i would be seeing my keyworker on tues,now we have to se the doctor monday with key worker and tuesday ,just my keyworker

Oh and another thing has come up a worker was suspended due to him tyring to take kids off users ex users ,i had him once and hewas more concerned with my Arri than me??,so told hin to do ne ,now he is off suspension and manager of the key workers.
After Xmas is saying to em ,take me off the meth ,im self medicating now anyway down to 25mil,same as jo,just cant be fucked with all this being held to RANSOM SHIT ,IT AINT FUCKING RIGHT ,even the chemist said they are wankers for doing uit ,i pick up tues and if me n jo miss appointment monday we are off it,we aint donr nothing wrong ,these people are plebs ,asking Jo if she wants to go to rehab,she been on meth for 10 yrs FFS should of asked us that 10 yrs ago ,we got fucking kids now tosspots

HAPPY XMAS YOU LOT LOVE YOU ALL XXXXXXXXXXXXXX FROUDE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

froude

Re: new Highway (the new DSP in my area)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 10:55:42 AM »
SORRY THE OLD SERVICE WAS NEW HIGHWAY ,THIS NEW ONE IS CALLED "  TURNING POINT""
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 04:37:52 PM »
Ha, some fucking Turning Point Froude!! They sound like a complete nightmare. Please let me know if I can do anything to help, hope you and the family have a good Xmas despite them.

Do they still do any Shared Care in your area Froude? If you're back self medicating because of this shit, your DSP needs to be held to account. They are messing with peoples' lives here.  >:(

froude

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 01:53:23 PM »
Saph,Nope dont know about shared care ??? ???,as i said today in the meeting  ,next year i shall be coming off meth,simple ,get off it,been to long ;D,just my head drugs and im fine, mind you Quinine is pretty good for me at moment ,but they are changing it,dunno know why.Dont care no more to be honest  ,shit DSP,but alright keyworker i had her when in jail,how ironic,when i got time ill post that letter ,might aswell say ,IF YOU DONT TURN UP,DONT EXPECT TREATMENT ,what a joke
                        all the best to one of the best froude

froude

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 07:53:09 AM »
TURNING POINT,CHANGE IT TO

"NO POINT !! "                  all the best froude

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 02:02:15 PM »
Did you get all your holiday scripts sorted out when you went in today?

bill webber

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »
Hi

I was reading your post on this forum about the detention centre.

I wondered if the detention centre you was talking about was Haslar? I also wondered if your christian name is "Mark", if so you shared a dinner table with me in Hasler round about 1982-83.

If you are Mark let me know. I was thinking about suing for assualt following the beatings the screws gave us. :) ;D

Regards Bill Webber

Claerwen

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 09:07:36 PM »
Hi all,
I haven't been on here for ages, not since they started 'monitoring' which webpages we visited at work, my own laptop died and I had to use my Mum's....

Anyway, hope everyone is well! We had New Highway, and changed to Turning Point in April last year.  At first it was chaotic, I changed keyworker who saw me for 15 minute sessions once a month, during which she tested me and I filled out some useless paperwork.  (I'm not even certain she was testing me right, the first time I had used a few hours before and I read the test as positive, she read it as negative. No idea how that happened).

Then I was given my old keyworker again - thank goodness! A few months ago I got a letter about how they intended to run - you were to be  categorized, and there were only two options.  I can't remember the exact terms because I threw away the letter in a rage, but I think you were either seen as a low intensity client, or high intensity. 

This caused a problem for me, as they initially wanted to put me back on daily pick up, due to the fact that I could not attend any of the mandatory 'group sessions' required for you to be able to pick up weekly.  I have a full time job and a second part time job, meaning I would never be able to attend a group in my area - even the evening classes due to my second job. 

I pick up once a week, which is much better for me, as I leave for work at 7.30am, and often return home after 9pm.  Luckily, when I was on daily, I was able to attend an 100-hour pharmacy with excellent opening hours.  After being moved to weekly pick up, I met a fantastic guy who has had a huge impact on my recovery.  When I was with him, I didn't want to use, to the point where I could no longer even recall the last time i had used.  I often stay over at his house, in the town where I work, and miles away from the chemist in my home town where I pick up.  If I was forced to go back onto daily pick up due to my employment, it would mean I could no longer stay at his, which would seriously affect my relationship - a relationship that has contributed greatly to my recovery.  I felt like I was being punished for cleaning up my act - being employed and finally having a non-destructive, functional relationship.

My keyworker has fought Turning Point hard to keep me on weekly pick up, as she feels that being put back to daily would put me at risk of relapse - rightly so, it would greatly affect my life, which is finally stable and I'm actually happy. 

What worries me is that the Turning Point GP has already told me that at some point both herself and my keyworker will reach a point where I will have to go back to daily, as at the moment I don't fit neatly into their way of doing things.  I want to reduce, and indeed have already dropped 10ml a day, but my GP is pushing me to reduce quickly in order to get me completely off meth before I'm forced back to daily pick up.

How is this treatment? I feel like this approach could end up being massively counter-productive for hundreds of people like myself who don't fit the stereotype of an addict, which Turning Point clearly see as unemployed and unlikely to engage.

This is a terrible step in the wrong direction, one that concerns me not only for my own recovery, but for everyone else out there who has managed to do so well following their own recovery plan.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »
I'm unsure why they would want to put you back on daily pickups? Simply because you cannot attend groups due to work?

I know it's not ideal, but could a compromise be that you attend either NA or Smart meetings after work? I know neither of them will probably be helpful to you, but if it's a choice between that and daily pickups.....

You're obviously not using, you're working 2 jobs and sound like you're doing really well. It seems to me to be counter productive to but you back to daily pickups simply because your work schedule means you cannot attend groups.

Do they know that it's not just that you don't want to attend groups, but that you physically cannot without it impacting on your job? Obviously people's jobs have a massive impact and can really help their recovery, so the DSP should not be pushing you to choose between work and groups.

The fact that have already pushed you to drop 10ml already is not good. You haven't really been stable that long, the recommended minimum time is 2 years before any reductions or whatever happens.

If you get the feeling that daily pickups are imminent, please do email me and we will speak to your DSP for you.

In the guidelines etc it says very clearly that exceptions should be made for patients that are working, and every effort should be made to give them appointments etc outside of working hours and that appointments/pickups should not interfere with the patients job ever.

This notion of mandatory groups is also bullshit. Whilst they might like you to attend groups, they cannot hold over your head that they will put you back to daily pickup if you do not attend groups, especially when they only reason you cannot, not will not, attend is that you are working.

This is just not right, so if you would like some help with it, you know where I am! Apart from that though, it's really nice to hear from you, and I'm glad that things are going so well! I'm glad the new man is working out well!

Claerwen

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 02:51:14 AM »
Hiya Sapphire!
Thanks for the reply, I saw my keyworker yesterday and asked to undertake my reduction. At a slower pace.  Hopefully they'll listen - I'll find out tomorrow.

I asked again about eventually being put onto daily again, and unfortunately Turning Point are really tightening up on those who don't attend the groups, as group attendance is mandatory in their recovery programme. They have said that because an evening group is run for those who work, that having a job is no barrier to attendance.  The thing is, the day of the week they hold the evening class clashes with the one day that I work a 12 to 14 hour shift. This group is also held in a town half an hor from where I live, and an hour from where I work, and as I don't drive I would rely on the bus - a service which runs much more infrequently (and erratically) after 7pm.

I'm really uncomfortable about enforced group attendance anyway, due to confidentiality issues - who knows who else will be there, I know the attendees would technically be 'in the same boat' but that's not the point.  Someone there might be loose tongued and tell someone who tells someone else etc, and my jobs are particularly sensitive and I'm not certain how well the knowledge of my situation would go down with either employer at this point in time. It shouldn't be that way of course, that some people feel ashamed and guilty about their addiction, but society is still perpetuating this notion that all addicts are essentially flawed, ignoring the fact that a large proportion of society has an addiction to something!

Anyway, I will keep an eye on the situation but from speaking to my KW the switch back to daily pick-up is on the agenda somewhere down the line, and is inescapable without weekly attendance at meetings. I feel like I'm being punished for being in stable employment with a partner who lives in a town separate from my collection pharmacy. I'm already concerned about this pushing me to use. I can totally see that happening - because I'll feel abandoned and won't see the point in being in the recovery programme in the first place.

I can't believe I'm even saying this. I have done so well up to this point, beginning reduction at my own insistence prior to finding out about this situation.  I will message you once things begin to look negative here and I'm heading for daily pick up, as I really would appreciate the assistance of the Alliance.

This is so wrong, I literally cannot believe these so-called 'experts' think that this method is going to be a successful recovery method, and I'm fed up with the one-size-fits-all approach - have we learnt nothing on the nature of addiction, recovery and psychology in the last few decades?!

XxCxX

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »
If your are working when they have their groups, that is really no excuse for them to put you onto daily pickups.

As long as you can prove to them that your hours and travel arrangements are such that preclude you from attending their one evening group, I really think they are in the wrong.

Have you discussed with them alternatives like attending NA or Smart Recovery meetings in your own time? Whilst you may not find either of these groups particularly helpful ( I know I wouldn't) at least it is some kind of compromise?

If things do begin to look negative, please do email me, as there is now way that these groups can be enforced, or that your DSP should be making them mandatory with punitive measures if you cannot/do not attend.

Keep me updated! and it's really good to hear from you!!