Author Topic: FORCED ACCELERATED REDUCTION (METH) FOR POSITIVE FOR GEAR.  (Read 2307 times)

lillith

FORCED ACCELERATED REDUCTION (METH) FOR POSITIVE FOR GEAR.
« on: March 05, 2014, 05:11:40 PM »
Please help re, the above my partner is stable(ISH) on 80mls. New company One recovery bury lancs are reducing all clients and fster 10mls a week if they give positive samples. many clients have expressed their concern that they will be forced to the streets to steal to fund a habit they have been fighting to get rid of with the help of methadone. My patner has been on meth 20 yrs now, he is a dual diagnosis patient (MH). PLEASE HELP HIM.

sapphire

• Administrator
Re: FORCED ACCELERATED REDUCTION (METH) FOR POSITIVE FOR GEAR.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 06:25:15 PM »
Lillith, do you want to PM or email me some more details and we'll see what we can do.

Is it just the once that he's given a positive sample?

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:54:45 AM »
Lillith, if you wanted, you can PM (private message) me your phone number and we will call you to discuss what action we can take regarding this.

There are quite a few courses of action we can take if you would like us to.

Either that or you can email me at sapphire@m-alliance.org.uk

Bottomline

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »
hey there, i know this thread i s a bit old, but if still around, you can pm me for some info.

byrom ferrari

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 03:36:45 PM »
Am so sorry to hear of your partner's situation. What they are doing is poor clinical practice, at best, but I'm sure you know that only too well. Is there a user advocacy group in yr area? There will be an NTA rep. Google manchester national treatment agency. They will connect you with useful people to defend, witness and champion yr corner. I know it's really difficult but get yr partner's head around this. It is forced detox but only 10mls at present am I correct ? The swine doing this must be following some new policy, but it's supposed to be guided by principles of treatment and recovery, (as, again, I am sure you know).
See yr GP, ask him to intervene against what is anti-therapeutic behaviour by the clinic. See a medical malpractice lawyer. This reckless clinic activity is medically unjustifiable and is endangering yr partner's physical and mental health. The clinic is charteredto have a 'duty of care' which it violates in pursuing this reckless policy.
Contact yr MP. We are not junkies, we are citizens. The clinic is risking our legal integrity if it diverts patients into criminalising activity by vandalising 'script levels.

Good luck
 :)

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 01:20:00 PM »
Hello Bryom, and welcome!

In most cases, what I would advise people to do is speak to the manager of their service first. Most managers are more than willing to deal with complaints in a professional and timely manner. If that doesn't work/you don't get the answers you feel you need, than escalating to PHE would be the next step.

As for speaking to your GP, I don't think that's going to be very fruitful, most GP's will just turn round and say that it's out of their remit as they are not doing the prescribing. Your GP could write a letter to the DSP, but I know that this has not been a very successful thing to do for the majority of people that have done it.