Author Topic: Amps taken away after 20 years  (Read 10588 times)

afcjimwomble

Re: Amps taken away after 20 years
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 10:37:57 PM »
You have a right to a second opinion regardless. If your SP tells you otherwise then they are lieing! It really makes my blood boil the way these " people" treat clients. A total arrogance of the law. My wife has a degree in this field, and let me tell you I was not a little surprised to learn that most of these SP tactics are illegal . And it gives me great pleasure to inform my current SP kca soon to be taken over by Turning Point that I know my rights and won't hesitate to sue the arse of them if they start getting all power crazy,which they do from time to time. Ive been on meth script for 30 years give or take and 14 years with the current bunch of clowns.. I've stopped all threatening letters from them..you know the ones where they offer you a appointment and then say your meds are at risk if you don't attend...I see this as threatening,as messing with my meds cases me stress which is therefore torture! Because if I don't do as they say then I get pain! ...also I won't give them my phone number  if they want to contact me then they use my wife's e mail or letter. This is because the last time they had it they abused it, I had a key worker ringing me at home early evening to inform me of policy changes!..so they can't be trusted. Also I don't need a bloody key worker, I've never met one I trusted and being asked the same fucking questions every month is pointless,so I refuse to take part anymore...I walk in I say " hello  key" and I turn round and leave. They tried to change the doc appointments to every 3 months from 6 I said no and continued with my usual 6 month appointments .  I learnt a lot from the alliance as they helped in my earlier problems. So for now I have as little as possible to do with kca or Turning point or whoever same as the old boss who takes over, safe that I know that these fuckers know I won't take any shit, and I know my stuff..so back off! One thing that does puzzle me though?..how many times have these places been sued?

tony66

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 05:28:46 PM »
ive already been told that because of the fight I put up over my holiday script I will get hassell over my script in the next few months,,they are already asking me about reduction ..when I come home?..its a sign of the times that they are trying to reduce me constantly now..and I expect..its the same all over the country?

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 10:11:53 AM »
You've got plenty of evidence that you are being treated unfairly if the DSP does start hassling you to reduce your dose purely because you asked for phy.tabs to take away on holiday. Even a blind man could see that they are just doing this because they hold a grudge.

What's their reason to reduce you ? You're obviously stable, any changes to your medication could have a negative outcome.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 02:10:51 PM »
Tony - they have actually told you that because you complained about your holiday script that they are going to start hassking you about reducing?

tony66

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 10:53:57 AM »
hi sapphire,
       no not in those words..alan said to me ..when you come home we will talk about detox and reduction!..we all know that they do this to us all after a lot of maintenance..but maybe im reading it wrong?..but to say that to me before I go ...leads me to think otherwise..i have never told them I want to detox..atm..but I don't think I have much argument if they want me to reduce?..i was on 80 daily 2yrs ago..now 55..but we shall see.....don't worry sapphire..i will keep you informed as to what is said when I get back...
 take care all

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 12:58:18 PM »
It may just be that they want to review your prescribing options then. I wouldn't get too uptight over it just yet, as they cannot force you to reduce.

They have a duty of care to periodically review all patients and make them aware of what options are open to them, as some people complain that prescribers are 'keeping them' on a script.

Get back to us if you have any problems, and I hope you have a good holiday!

Si Nastone

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2014, 10:50:43 PM »
Ken, if you are reading this, Sapphire has been trying to get you to e mail or call me. I am now on oral only and struggling. I'm having to limit my social activity so as not to relapse and I'm really not coping well.

Si Nastone

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2014, 12:00:41 AM »
hi sapphire,
       no not in those words..alan said to me ..when you come home we will talk about detox and reduction!..we all know that they do this to us all after a lot of maintenance..but maybe im reading it wrong?..but to say that to me before I go ...leads me to think otherwise..i have never told them I want to detox..atm..but I don't think I have much argument if they want me to reduce?..i was on 80 daily 2yrs ago..now 55..but we shall see.....don't worry sapphire..i will keep you informed as to what is said when I get back...
 take care all
This is very similar to the way I was told. I was warned my next doctors appointment was for a review of my injectible script. It wasn't a review it was a mugging.  They took it off me. Don't be surprised if they do what they aren't supposed to.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2014, 12:30:16 PM »
Si, he still has not contacted you?! I am so sorry about this. I am going to speak to him now and them I think I will give you his direct phone number. Again, apologies, I really am so sorry about this.

Si Nastone

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2014, 12:10:42 AM »
Does anyone do anything in this organisation apart from you sapphire? I  I feel badly let down

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 08:05:08 AM »
Sadly the Alliance's funding was slashed a year or so ago ( just about the time things started to heat up , a coincidence ? I think not ) but Sapphire does appear to be the only person running the forum just now. A great job she does to considering it's really only her. There are other's ...I think behind the scenes. I expect that they are run of their feet also. It's a shame that nobody has been in touch to support you & I imagine Sapph will be none to happy about the situation. Have you tried contacting RELEASE I know a lot of people that have lodged successful complaints with their assistance. With any luck you will be contacted just a few minutes after Sapph reads your post. I don't think that she'll be very happy with the situation. In the meantime I don't think it would hurt if you did contact RELEASE.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 11:36:13 AM »
I have Ken's direct email address if that will help, it's severn61@icloud.com. You can email him directly about the issue. As I said before, I am so sorry about this, I have asked Ken multiple times to get back to you.

If you email him directly and he still doesn't reply, I will see if I can file the formal complaint etc myself.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »
A bit of transparency as to what is going on behind the scenes as far as the organisation of " The Alliance " wouldn't be a bad thing. Sapph appears to of taken the forum on & I shudder to think what it would be like without her. I assume Ken is working on other Alliance related issues at a higher level ? I think Linda is still involved...but apart from that I've no idea about structure of the organisation.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2014, 02:39:23 PM »
I think that'd really be something for Ken to answer OP. I don't know the answer!!

Si Nastone

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2014, 09:15:24 PM »
Sapphire has been great , even giving me her private telephone number.

I was perhaps a little unfair condemning the whole organisation, without fully knowing the financial situation, but communication has been poor with Sapphire being the only exception. I e mailed using the site e mail form, and sent two e mails to Peter McDermott. It wasn't until I posted here that  I received a response from Sapphire.