Author Topic: Amps taken away after 20 years  (Read 10590 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: Amps taken away after 20 years
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 12:02:40 PM »
Yea, you can't knock Sapphire. She'd have the likes of us for breakfast & apart from Simon she's the only other person you can rely on to be checking the forum ( i'm always cynical about the number of guests, nearly always in the 20's... are they real ??!  ::)  )  hundred's of thousand's of vulnerable patients on meth & this is the only place where you can get unbiased opinion on your treatment. I suppose times are hard. Who's going to fund a forum for a bunch of junkies ?
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 01:00:01 PM »
I always wonder why there aren't more people posting. On the US forums they have thousands of people posting. I know the country is obviously a lot bigger, but they so seem much more willing to complain about their treatment than we do.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2014, 01:26:41 PM »
 The site is only available for those dependants with access to the net, that's how I found it. I think a few posters placed in DSP's would remind people who feel that things are wrong with their treatment wouldn't go amiss. I would go as far to suggest that this is written into the contract & should be financed by some of these massive businesses, sorry. I mean provider. Compared to other patient groups we regularly have to  fight for our treatment. Certainly with some of these DSP'S anyway.

Just because they say they're not out to get you.....  ::)
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

Si Nastone

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2014, 07:21:55 PM »
Most people just don't know about it. At the clinic I use,  I attend the late clinic which is generally for stable users who work full time. Most are 15 yrs + dependent. No one I have talked to knows about the alliance.

Si Nastone

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2014, 07:39:02 PM »
I always wonder why there aren't more people posting. On the US forums they have thousands of people posting. I know the country is obviously a lot bigger, but they so seem much more willing to complain about their treatment than we do.

That's because they pay  for their treatment for the most part and it isn't cheap, so they are paying customers. Having said that the people I know who have experience of the US system say it is god awful, with people regularly driving 4 hrs a day to dose before work, very few take homes given ever, and as far as I know , maintenance is rare. I think this is the way were going and I dread it.  I can see me losing my well paid job if current policy is left unchallenged to run its natural course. I'm running out of excuses not to go to Europe on short notice (there is travel involved with my job)since my amps were withdrawn. I can only get tabs prescribed with 1 months notice, it was easy with amps, as there is so little liquid to get through the scanners. Getting a litre of juice though for a week away is impossible.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2014, 01:19:23 PM »
Personally I would prefer our system to be more like the American one. If they do not like their clinic, they can vote with their feet and leave. Here we are stuck at the one in our catchment area, and if they do things like dose cap, or whatever other stupid hoops clinics are want to make up jump through, apart from complain, there is little we can do.

I don't think it's to do with the fact that they pay though, as on those sites there are also plenty of people from Aus, and they don't have to pay, apart from like us, a small dispensing charge if they are working.

As far as maintenance over there, it's not rare at all, and takehomes are more plentiful than they are here, with stable people being able to get up to a months worth. It can take a while to get there though, and you need to provide all drug free screens, or else they will revoke them and make you face dose.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 03:07:37 PM »
Yes come on there must be somebody who'll fund a few thousand Alliance posters ( helpline number included ). Only problem is that there's nobody to answer them ! Surely the purple army of recoverees haven't robbed MMT patients of all funding , with their scary happy smiles & home-made nibbles ! We don't get a poster compared to their thousand or so ballons which just become somebody else's rubbish once landedd...deflated...I'll best get me coat. ::)

bp

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 10:33:47 PM »
Sapphire is  the only person remaining in the organization one known as the Alliance . Don't waste your  time or energy  trying to contact Ken Stringer, you will not receive a reply.  Peter McDermott no longer works for the Alliance; Jules,Linda and  I were made redundant at the end of 2011.

My advice wold be to call Release.

Best Wishes to All

Beryl 

Si Nastone

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 08:07:27 AM »
If this is true, why has Sapphire been trying to contact Ken. Did no one tell her?

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2014, 12:00:17 PM »
I'm not sure if Beryl knows something I don't?!

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2014, 12:03:07 PM »
Si - no one has said anything to me, else I would have been constantly trying to contact Ken. I am sure that he would have been in touch with me if what Beryl is saying is completely accurate.

bp

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2014, 09:54:45 PM »
Slightly surprising that Ken Stringer has done nothing to  clarify the situation, also, I very much doubt that  I know something that you don't Sapphire. I do know  that the Alliance was removed from Companies House  approx a year ago,

I  have no desire whatsoever to get into a verbal scrap  on the forum but just need to say there is no helpline and hasn't been for a long time, and as far as  I know the Alliance is not insured to provide advocacy or a helpline.

B.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »
LOL Beryl, there will be no scrapping from me!  ;)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2014, 05:25:32 PM »
That sucks.... :(

thomasjo11

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2016, 06:59:59 PM »
[quote author=OP8S link=topic=3118.msg27453#msg27453 date=1400do not ever take your service provider word as gospel they seem to bee in crisis mode &I are going through  team managers at a fast pace an example is a new manger takes over he truly thinks he will have the.clinic running in his vision in weeks  realty hits. him very quick &I within a month or to he will be gone these people have no idea about true medical issues they are simply mangers & reality quickly sets in.227797

Why change things when they have years ( 20 in your case ) of working successfully ? Do these people not have anything else better to do, like getting users into treatment rather than harassing those that are already in treatment & functioning well !

Makes my blood boil !

Just because your new provider *say*  that you don't have the right of a 2nd doesn't mean that you don't, they're probably just saying that because they're have a good reason to believe that the 2nd opinion will go in your favour & make them look like the shower of shit that they appear to be.

Have you sent a letter of complaint to your local MP ?
[/quote]