Author Topic: The rise of legal highs  (Read 7482 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: The rise of legal highs
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 08:03:17 AM »
I have been told that their are chemical analogues of fentanyl out there. These were discovered when scientists were refining fent into the medicine it is today but not used...I'm thinking that there must be some reason why they weren't used. Could possibly be very dangerous, I don't know.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 01:58:32 PM »
I don't know. If it's that easy to change a hydrogen molecule to a carbon and make a cocaine analogue legal, you'd think the same would be true of opiates and benzo's? I guess like you say though, the testing of it might prove more dangerous and so there are less people willing to do it!!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
I saw it with my own eyes when visiting a friend who is constantly trawling the net for substances to try. I can't remember the exact name but it certainly had fentanyl with some chemical pre-fix & it was being sold by a site which wasn't hard to find. Recently another fellow was telling me about some 20 bags of dope sold to them. The effect it had on his mate after shooting some up sounded very dodgy indeed & he had to spend the next 12hours looking after him while his mate was vomiting up green bile. His hit was already prepared but after seeing the result it had he chucked it. I believe the source of this so-called dope has been dealt with " steel toe-capped style " & has gone into hiding. Punting poor quality dope is one thing, mixing it with these so-called legal highs will just lead to more needless deaths. If there ever was a time to give the Mis-use of drugs act an overhaul then this is it !
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 11:38:56 AM »
If there are opiate type NPS's, that's even more dangerous, as you have the opiate OD factor to consider as well. People will have no idea what dose is a 'safe' dose, and with things like Fentanyl, there's a very fine line between what will just get you high, and what will OD you. Hence the high amount of OD's amongst people abusing Fentanyl.

More harm reduction around this subject needed I think!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 02:28:15 PM »
I'm sure the Gov. will just waste financial resources prohabiting each substance as it becomes problem ( when several middle class kids o'd ) rather than actually do anything worthwhile like making other substances which the medical community already have the knowledge base of more available. Even de-criminalizing pot would stop a lot of younger people using these substances & the only way that's going to kill you is if you get battered to death with 9oz of soapbar , or you get crushed to death by a tonne of the stuff. Both of which are extremely unlikely scenarios ! ;D   If you do happen to have a tonne precariously balanced somewhere though just give me a ring  8)

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2014, 02:40:46 PM »
It makes me sick that as soon as some white middle class kid dies, they are all over it, a la Leah Betts and ecstasy.  ::)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2014, 06:11:58 PM »
Met the bloke who lives just down from where I do on my way back from the shop who told me a young boy's mum had asked him to speak to the lad about these substances. Apparently the lad's mum was out for a drink last weekend & a few people had turned up at the lad's house to take advantage of a house with no parents in. I'm sure we all did that when we were teenagers. I certainly did, my parent's were out most weekends & my house was party central in the small town for most of my teenage life. I had it down to a fine art & would empty the house a couple of hours before the return of the adults, keeping one mate there to help me sort things out. As long as no damage was done it just looked as though me & my mates had just had a few beers, maybe a spliff or two ( little did they know what else had been going on under their roof ! ). So back to the present. The young lad in his mid-teens had been passed what he thought was a joint, don't know how much/many he had but ended up psychotic wrecking his own house & then fighting physically with his mother when she got home  :o  . Now I've smoked many strains of weed in my day think I was about 12 when I had my first joint but I've never even felt slightly aggressive let alone violently psychotic & I've seen hundred's of other people smoke hash / weed without having any violent reaction. Once the lad had come back down to earth & told her who had been giving him these so-called spliff's she phoned up his pal(?) & asked him what they had been smoking. " Nothing bad , just some herbal high stuff that's legal...so it must be ok. " was the answer she recieved.  If weed was legal or P.C.Plod even turned a blind eye to it's use then who the fuck would want to smoke that shit ? We caused the coppers very little bother at that age because we were all stoned out of our minds, I'm not saying that all teenagers should be forced to smoke weed but it's got to be better than these legal highs. Substances that you can't even pronounce let alone enjoy using. It's time for the politicians to face the fact that the " war on drugs " is just a farce & causing more problems than it could ever solve. They need to WAKE UP!!!

Bottomline

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 10:33:11 AM »
It makes me sick that as soon as some white middle class kid dies, they are all over it, a la Leah Betts and ecstasy.  ::)

yeah :(

i know someone died because of that incident :(