Author Topic: 5 Years 50ml Daily Methadone Prescription Stopped - No Warning! - HELP!  (Read 12265 times)

Reuben

Re: 5 Years 50ml Daily Methadone Prescription Stopped - No Warning! - HELP!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 11:02:35 PM »
Dear Jon and others,
I agree the idea of being licked or otherwise, by the drug workers at my DSP I think I'd rather they stopped my script. Most of them seem about ready to keel over from over eating or under thinking or both. Apart from the ones obsessed with climbing the greasy pole to the next promotion. I hope thats not too harsh, what do people think?
But as for the way they have treated Jon, I would say it is both prejudiced and clinically unprofessional. The reason I think this is because they are using your medical condition to punish a minor mistake i.e. being 10 minutes late for your appointment. People are regularly late for appointments for all kinds of things but they do not have their medications removed. Imagine the legal recompense a person would get if their insulin, antidepressants, statins etc were stopped because they were late for a appointment by ten minutes. It simply would not happen. They do it because they are allowed by law to treat addicts as second class to other people and it stems from the hatred and fear fostered by governments etc over decades so they can point a finger at a minority group and say they are dangerous and we will protect you from them. This has been fought by many people, so hatred of women, blacks, homosexuals, immigrants, jews and the poor but none are more vilified than the drug taker, who hurts no one. Also we have no history of fighting back except for in very resent times. For example harm reduction and the decriminalisation movement.
This may sound a little bitter but I have had a life time of negative and prejudiced treatment from the trivial nasty looks by chemists to the more serious loss of income because of my minor criminal record etc. I think what happened to Jon is very common and as a result serious.
You did very little wrong in my opinion.You were under extreme stress and were being treated in a very inhumane way. But to get yourself out of this situation if you are willing to eat humble pie (which you should not have to) I would suggest a letter explaining your reasons for being late and apologising for the remark but find out which appointments you made or did not make and list them clearly in the letter. That might get you your script back quicker. Also contact Release as they will do the above for you and send the letter then the DSP will be more likely to listen. You can get their number online easily.
Finally in the future always try to watch your own back and I wouldn't trust them with anything. They reduced my script over night from 140mls to 40mls for missing the chemist for three days and then left me like that for 2 months and then put me back on 100mls without any genuine explanation or apology. They should be ashamed of themselves.Most drug workers I have met in resent years are either up front in saying they are just doing a job and following orders or woefully ignorant about addiction and the history of the drug war or finally actually dislike their clients. I have formed these opinions after 35 years of being around DSP's.
Heres to the day drug use is seen as a personal choice made in private like most other forms of human behaviour and not something politicians, the religious and criminals are allowed to manipulate.

Bottomline

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 05:38:59 AM »
i wonder how's anything went? update us :)

Firkinz

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 03:17:01 AM »
In all honesty, if I had to do all that shit just to get methadone I'd just quit.

Ive missed 4 doctors appointments at my clinic, I refuse to go, they aren't there to help, its a branch of the prison service, you hand yourself in and they torture you relentless.

Those who can afford it stay on heroin, nobody in their right mind would stop heroin and start methadone? Jesus let's be totally frank on which is the better both mentally and physical. If only heroin could be turned out in a pill. I dont really get euphoria from heroin but it makes my personality disorder easier to live with. Methadone however sends me mental with terrible GI problems

PLUS...

Heroin dealers are scumbags but I have to say that their treatment beats any drug worker and so does the advice. My guy doesn't lie,he's always there. When they forgot my script just one call and he was outside the chemist,drug services took 6 hours to get my methadone and placed me on daily pickup for trying to cold turkey.

If you go the done route from pills like I did then you better get a good smack dealer and keep your done dose low. This is how you survive on mmt.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 02:20:17 PM »
A drug dealer that doesn't lie?! I have to meet that one!!

They all lie, how many times do they say, "I'll be there in 10 mins" and then a hour later you're still waiting......

fixed

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 02:49:46 PM »
cue Lou Reed ( waiting for my man )

Here he comes, he's all dressed in black
 Pr shoes and a big straw hat
 He's never early, he's always late
 First thing you learn is that you always gotta wait
 I'm waiting for my man

must of spent half my life waiting for my man.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 03:17:12 PM »
@Fixed, exactly, they're not renowned for their reliability and good time keeping!!

fixed

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 02:07:51 PM »
search for the song & check out the lyrics, it pretty much sums it up to a tee   ;)

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »
I know the song, I think it was one of the Ramones that did a pretty good cover of it.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2015, 07:29:03 PM »
Yes I certainly don't miss being fucked about by low level dealers, who are always " there in 10mins " & give you dope that they've stamped on as well as every other person that's sold it on from the minute it arrives in Europe. I do miss dope still though & can't see the day I refuse any opioid produced by a pharma. Of course I'd prefer to have a prescription for mst or something more exotic but short of winning the lottery or the Gov. making unbelievable changes to current policy I'll be taking some meth daily for a while yet.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

Dizmayed

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 10:36:07 PM »
Yes I certainly don't miss being fucked about by low level dealers, who are always " there in 10mins " & give you dope that they've stamped on as well as every other person that's sold it on from the minute it arrives in Europe. I do miss dope still though & can't see the day I refuse any opioid produced by a pharma. Of course I'd prefer to have a prescription for mst or something more exotic but short of winning the lottery or the Gov. making unbelievable changes to current policy I'll be taking some meth daily for a while yet.

The way things are going, you may not have that choice. Dark times ahead?

afcjimwomble

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 03:11:20 PM »
I've got to admit your story doesn't convince me that all is as you explain. There is a lot of embellishing going on I think and the threat you made can't be justified I'm afraid, so you'll have to accept the consequences of that.
If you have evidence of attending the appointments then there'll be a record in your case notes of that event and you should ask to see them if needed to 'prove' your case.

Also, you had 1 1/2 hours to get to your appointment but decided to go home first, which was only going to delay you, but you still chose to do that. I work as a drug worker and hear so many 'reasons' why someone couldn't attend, but the same people never 'forget' to score, no matter how busy they seem... sorry of that sounds harsh, but it's true in my experience because using is the priority for those people and the script is their back up for when they don't use or have no money.

Clearly, not all do this but to deny their are 'blaggers' and it's all the big bad drug teams fault is also not the case.
Make you case with the evidence you have or accept it's not all the fault of the people who have been waiting for others to turn up for that 'really important appointment' I so desperately needed..... but something else got in the way of.
....well your a ray of sunshine arnt you? Oh and how surprising your a drug worker. People like you should be lumped in with that turd Russell Bland and barred from having anything to do with vulnerable people.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 03:18:35 PM »
Come on now, we can have a difference of opinion, but keep it polite please!

afcjimwomble

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 05:35:15 PM »
Come on now, we can have a difference of opinion, but keep it polite please!
...not a chance with people like that. When will people wake up? Here we have a body of so called professionals denying a person there medication on grounds that go against the very recommendations set out by the powers that be if this was any other illness there would be up roar and a mass of legal proceedings. Doctors stopping meds on a basis of lies and threats and we are to treat them all nicey nicey yes sir no sir!! I don't f img think so. These people are nothing more than n monsters and charletens who should be brought down and stamped on heavily. These people are the enemy FFS. I thought torture was illegal in this country?

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 11:03:40 AM »
I gave up asking for a reduction the last few months of 2014, they keep saying no because they would have to increase the meds prescribed for pain very probably. I found out that DIY is a easier option for me & have reduced by 30mls since, increased it for a while & am now reducing again. All I need is the medication , the DSP & it's current staff are next to useless.
DIY is the way to go. What do you  think Sir Womble ?  ;)
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 01:55:50 PM »
There are bad keyworkers out there, there's no doubt about that, but creating an Us And Them with every key worker is counter productive. A keyworker that has taken the time out to come here and find out more about her patients is not one of the bad ones!!