Author Topic: No Concerns or Compliments ?  (Read 9174 times)

Filskit

Re: No Concerns or Compliments ?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2015, 11:49:19 PM »
My complaint is now being investigated by the local Health Authority & the GMC , I got home from work to a letter I recognised as NHS. I thought it would be a nice invitation to a cuppa around a table to talk , instead it was a letter from a DR who had not signed his name that said " They had noticed I had ordered my anti-depressants a slightly early & the DR would like to see me to ask why  ??!

I always order them so that I can pick them up with my script , I suppose I remember one falling in the bin & I'd left it there to use another one . Sometimes I fall asleep & forget to take them . Over the last couple of months anyway. I've been on the same for years & tried self-reducing before so in the long run I've feck all idea how many I should have really . I suppose if they're investigating my complaint then I'm under the micro-scope also but I can't think it can be more than a couple of days out...& fekkin antidepressants ?! I would rather not have to take them , I don't know why anyone would unless they need to.

I think they may not be very happy with my truthful account of my treatment & are looking to discredit me . Think I'll go to the pharmacy tomorrow & ask the pharmacist for the dates of the last couple of boxes. I can't be out than more than a few days though , I don't see the point ?

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2015, 01:01:57 PM »
I think it's more of a general thing that all practices are doing. I put in for my normal repeat items a few days early last month, and they got ll funny about it asking why I'd run out. I tried to explain that I hadn't run out, but what with the Bank Holiday etc, I was just ordering early to make sure they were ready in time.

They have also stopped giving people 3 months worth of some meds and are restricting everything to 28 days.

Had you actually run out, or were you just ordering early so the pickup coincided with something else? I'm sure that once they know you have been taking the meds exactly as prescribed and hadn't actually run out as it were, everything will be fine.

Good on you for actually putting in a formal complaint though!! I wish that more people would do this.

Filskit

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2015, 04:55:01 PM »
Hi Sapph , you're maybe right . I'm on weekly pick up for my meth & so always order them so they'll be there on that day. Once a week to the pharmacy is plenty for me , but as my script runs weekly you'd think a box of 28 tablets for the month would fit in or at least be bloody obvious to whoever is checking ?

I phoned the pharmacy this morning & my very helpful pharmacist ( God Bless them ! ) informed me that the last couple of months supply were made up in the pharmacy on the 27th April & then again on the 27th March , though not necessarily collected on those day's . Being on weekly means I have to pick up on a certain day printed on the script. Unless I'm using a dodgy wall planner bought of ebay for a couple of quid then there should be very little doubt that I have the right number of tabs approx.

Possibly just paranoia on my half , by placing a formal complaint it's not just the incidence that is up for investigation but your past health records also & one part of the complaint tendered was that it was implied that " I may be using my ad's  for recreation " ?! I take them at the same time I put my head down on the pillow because I dislike the way they make you feel even if just taken an hour before bedtime .  I suppose the make you feel sleepy , but not in an at all pleasant way . It just seems to me to be very well timed & would make anyone feel uneasy if they were putting in a formal complaint .

I also think it's fair to say that when you are on a certain medication for a long time , maybe tried reducing or increasing the dose on GP's orders or your own back that you're unlikely to have the exact number of tabs should they want to check further back than a month & even their own repeat prescription line stresses to put order's in at least 4 working days before you need them  ???

Maybe your right & it's nothing , but " just 'cos your paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you " as somebody must of once said , don't know who but it's still a very timely coincidence & I will remain cautious until I find out the reason behind the letter from a GP who didn't even sign it ?

The ball's rolling well & truly now as a copy went to the G.M.C. also .

I'm sure I'll keep you updated , if do get the whole matter resolved successfully it might make a decent read for others who feel like they're being punished for being in treatment & inspire them to make some noise themselves if they feel they have good reason to.

Or maybe it'll just be angry drivel   ::)   ;D   , I'll try & keep it factual rather than emotional. Which is lesson one in writing your complaint.

Thanks for listening , I don't post often but I visit on occasion as this is the only site that seem's to give down to earth advice & answers for those being treated on methadone.

All the best to everyone , particularly you Sapph.  X
 8) ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 05:01:02 PM by Filskit »

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2015, 07:16:51 PM »
I wouldn't worry , I mentioned it to my ex & she say's they send her letters like that all the time. Not for a/d's but for Omeprazole , that is mad . Or is there some new or secret substance that can be made out of medication prescribed for having acid reflux or a sore tummy ?

Must be the NHS preparing for more cut's under Cameron. By the time the next election arrives I wouldn't be surprised if OUR  NHS was unrecognisable , a shadow of it's former self .
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2015, 12:35:08 PM »
Yes OP, the repeat scripts that my surgery questioned were for Omeprazole and Trimethoprim, which are antacids and antibiotics, so nothing psychoactive at all. They just seem to have tightened up on making sure that people are not requesting meds before they're due.

Apparently part of this is to stop waste of meds, to make sure that people do use the entire 28 days worth, as unused prescribed meds cost the NHS millions each year.

I do get what you mean though Flisket, that anyone on repeat prescriptions is likely to end up with surplus tablets after a period of time for one reason or another.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2015, 01:32:55 PM »
Nicely put Sapph !
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

Filskit

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2015, 03:10:14 PM »
Should be receiving some kind of response to my complaint before the end of this week , from the local NHS Trust anyway . I'm not holding my breath though but will let you know if I do .
Still haven't received a letter of receipt from the GMC though & it was sent with registered mail . Not sure what their time frame is for responding ?

Filskit

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2015, 04:31:24 PM »
True to their word I've been contacted by post today regarding my complaint...but only to say that there has been a delay in completing the investigation   :(
I wonder what the delay could be ? Maybe they are looking back through years of u/s to find a positive . Not even I can remember the last time I gave them reason to be put on the naughty step.

I'm told to be reassured that everything is being done to progress the matter , so I'll just wait .

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »
LOL, wonder how long the delay is?! Will we still be waiting for an answer this time next year?! Typical of these bureaucrats.

Filskit

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 03:18:00 PM »
As I had not received a letter of receipt from the GMC regarding my complaint I took the advice of CAB PAL's service & phoned just to make sure they had it , after about 10mins waiting on the phone I was told that it had been received & because they were very busy ( can't say I'm surprised ) they're was going to be a week or two before they had time to look at it . I thanked them & again told them I was just phoning to ensure that they had received it .

Two day's later the letter from them arrived at mine saying that they wouldn't be investigating it any further . Living in a rather remote area where post from England can take 3-4 days to arrive I can only assume that it was quickly skimmed over by them before sending me out my letter .

I agree with some of the points made as to why they don't think it serious enough to stop a Dr. from practising , but at the same time disagree that the delays in the prescribing of medication that had been stopped by the Dr. who was then told by a senior Dr. to re-instate the medication so I could return to work was outwith his control .

I was in the DSP & had supplied a u/s free from the opioid pain relief stopped by this Dr. , my key told me that they had been told to reinstate the prescription immediately to allow me to get back to work ( as is in line with the O.G. ) . My key then went to the Dr. to collect a prescription for a common analgesic which every pharmacy stocks , I was told that he was busy but to phone back later . 3 week's later & after many , many phonecall's I eventually had the prescription reinstated albeit at a lower dose & weekly pick up making pain management near impossible .

I know that there have been several other complaint's made about this Dr. , do the GMC keep copies of complaints or will mine be filed under " bin " . If these other complaints have been tendered to the GMC would that not make them think that maybe they should look back at past complaints as it would show a definite trend in the way patient's are being treated by this Dr.

I remain hopeful that I will get at least an apology from my local health board , there was a key present at my appointment's who couldn't even look me in the eye during it . Whether they have the backbone to say anything in support of my complaint remain's to be seen . I won't hold my breath .

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2015, 12:34:31 PM »
One would hope though, the more people that complain about this Dr, that the medical licensing board will get suspicious about the sheer number of complaints and look into it in more detail?

Filskit

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2015, 01:26:17 PM »
Yes a quick word with the lovely lady helping me tender the complaint to the GMC has told me to give her a copy , if nothing appears to happen once the other complaints have been looked at then she will send all the replies concerning ONE Dr. to them in one envelope . You'd think it would be hard to dismiss that as nothing .

fixed

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2015, 02:50:19 PM »
noticed that there haven't been many posts lately so is everyone totally content with the way they are being treated or have you all just gone away on holiday ?.  ???

Filskit

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 04:58:37 PM »
My complaint against our prescribing psych. has been shuffled about the system & under the carpet it seems . I did get a letter from the local NHS which is just leaving his mess to be sorted out by the next psych. , that is when they arrive ? I've already lost my job due to the fact that  even when splitting my dose I was still suffering from back pain , before when I was using DFF's on a as needed basis I managed to stay employed .
So thank's to one fat opiophobe who couldn't leave my med's as they were I'm now officially unemployed .

I thought your DSP was meant to support you in your work , even assist you into employment...?!

Leaves me more time to take my complaint to the Professional Ombudsman , I suppose . The whole system is designed to make you weary of complaining & also makes you wonder if their is much point . So I won't be holding my breath.

Complaining is the only option for us though when faced with poor service . I wish I could be more optimistic , all I can do is stand my ground .

A holiday would be nice , not sure if I'd return though .

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2015, 12:02:36 PM »
Have you thought about complaining to the CQC? They can be helpful with DSP type complaints. Did you try PHE and PALS? Or what about the RCGP, as he's a registered Dr (one would hope lol)!!!