Author Topic: Recent Drug Deaths  (Read 6907 times)

Filskit

Re: Recent Drug Deaths
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 10:33:02 AM »
Well I received the reply regarding my complaint the other day , can't say I'm too happy with it . I got a letter a couple of week's ago saying that there was some kind of delay , after reading the letter I think that the delay has been the DSP waiting for the Dr. who I complained about to finish his contract & move away from the area . A simple apology from that Dr. regarding his attitude would of gone a long way to have made me feel that the complaint procedure had been worthwhile . Now that he's buggered off I very much doubt whether I will ever get that gratification & of course all the things that we had disagreed on will now be left to the new prescribing consultant to sort out . The letter I received certainly wasn't an accurate reflection of my appointment's with him & even the timeline of treatment was inaccurate .
It feel's like the Dr. who investigated it at a local level as well as the CPN who was involved have closed ranks & I now think that I will be treated as a trouble-making junkie for tendering my honest letter of complaint .

So it's back to CAB , contacting RELEASE & having to draw this out for an even longer period which is not helping my mental health one bit . Mine was not the only complaint made about this DR. , I know of several more in this area alone . Not just substance user's either . I will be very interested to hear the result of the other complaint's , if the the other's wish to share them with me.

I'm not surprised that people have lost trust in what used to be a good service , if I could make a hasty exit I would . Unfortunately due to the fact that I'm in pain & they say that methadone is being used for analgesia I feel trapped . If I reduce & the pain becomes too severe I have to increase again as the option of any other pain relief isn't there . I haven't used or given a positive u/s for years , but just now feel tempted to reduce & take the matter of pain relief into my own hand's just to get the f**k out of there & away from the service .

I know that would be a very stupid move but the only other option is leaving the area which would mean leaving family behind .

I'll post again once I've taken advice from other third parties ( & calmed down a bit  >:(  )

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 12:04:46 PM »
This is proof in point of one of the reasons as to why the numbers of people in drug sot because the government has been so successful in actually treating people, but because people have got so pissed off with being treated like second class citizens and have simply exited treatment and are back self medicating.

I hope that persisting with this complaint yields some better answers for you. Maybe when they see you won't be fobbed off they will actually look at this properly.

Filskit

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 01:20:20 PM »
The whole system is designed ( in my experience anyway ) to make you give up . It's a hard enough decision to tender a complaint against  people who have the power to mess with your medications in the first place . I did it because I knew that the attitude of that Dr. had nothing to do with my own personal well-being & that they were working to a different agenda . I took time to write down an honest account of the appointment's & situation , the complaint was 4 pages long with other emails attached that I had received from another Dr.
I thought that I would of least been asked in to sit down with the Dr. I had complained about , his manager & the lady from PALS . Instead I get another letter once this locum has buggered off basically saying that I wouldn't take on board what the Dr. had been trying to say to me . One of my complaint's was that he continually talked over me when I was trying to answer his questions & so ended up just sitting there being told how my treatment for medical conditions as well as methadone prescribing was going to be from now on .
My complaint has bought me some time while it has been " investigated " if you can call it that , the letter I have received hasn't made one bit of difference so I am going to have to take it further , along with this comes the worry that I will be perceived as a trouble maker that thinks he know's better than the Dr.'s concerned .

The last 10 years have been the most stable of my life & I had managed to stop drinking alcohol , stop smoking tobacco while working in a very stressful enviroment . During these 10 years my medications have remained the same ,methadone had reduced but has now had to be increased as I have to use it for pain management . I had nearly stopped my antidepressant script before all this had happened & had pretty much thought that being maintained on methadone for these years was the best decision I'd made .

I now feel like the carpet has been pulled from right under my feet & have no idea what the future holds .

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 12:31:25 PM »
As far as I'm aware, you'd never get a 'sit down' with a Dr that you've made a formal complaint against. It's all dealt with by 3rd parties.

It's a shame that all you got was a crappy letter though, it doesn't sound like they've investigated the situation at all. If you're still not satisfied that the matter hasn't been thoroughly investigated, you can always contact PALS yourself, and say you've already made a formal complaint and are not satisfied with the outcome, as you don't believe the matter/complaint has been properly investigated and are worried that this Dr is going to continue potentially malpracticing.

Filskit

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »
Yes PALS is helping me & the other people who have complained take the matter further . I'm not sure how many were unsatisfied by their own replies but I know that it's more than just myself , not just substance users . Can't see it will make any difference when I " googled " old Flabba  the Hut it said that after a private company of which he was one of the director's had been wound up  under threat of someone being struck off  (  I don't know who exactly that was because I'd of had to of paid a fee to see the company records.....I think I can make a rough guess.... ::)  ) that PHE thought he had gone into retirement . Instead he just slithered up to Scotland , worked a few years as a locum & has now probably left the country & buggered off home with a fat wad of NHS cash . I hear the exchange rate is very good just now .

CNUT!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »
Sound's like your well rid anyway . With any luck the replacement will have some...compassion...or has that been done away with , just like Harm Reduction . Seems like " Recovery " has muscled itself into all treatment leaving no room for anything else . However you want to interpret the word , personally I feel fine .   :)
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 04:03:07 PM »
I have had to go and see a medical negligence lawyer, which I swore I would never do! When I got my gallbladder out, it burst (which they didn't tell me at the time) and they let all the stones just fall into the cavity of my abdomen. Well, now they are starting to cause problems. The complaints procedure is a pain, as you have to write to everyone and his damn wife to get answers!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 08:41:39 PM »
FFS Sapph , with all the carry on you've had in hospitals you'd think they be rather careful ? Sounds like you get treated by the foreign doc of The Simpsons ?!
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 03:47:57 PM »
That made me LOL, Hello Everybody, Hello Dr Nick

I'm waiting now for a full report, but it seems that the error the surgeon made was not enclosing the gall bladder into a sack before attempting removal. If he had, the sack would have caught all the stones, and I wouldn't have a gut full of them!!

Even my GP was amazed how many there were and advised me to take independent advice, so when you have a Dr saying you should seek independent advice, it all seems like it could actually be a bit serious!!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 11:24:51 AM »
That's one phrase you'll never hear from your DSP........" seek independent legal advice...."    !   ;D

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 07:34:10 PM »
It's all turned into a bit of a farce, I have one 'expert' saying one thing, and another someone completely different! All I want to know is if these gallstones that are all floating around my abdominal cavity are going to be dangerous or not, and if they need removing.

It seems that the Dr that removed it was negligent, as he was supposed to put the gallbladder into a little net before starting to disconnect and remove it, but he can't have done that or else there wouldn't be stones everywhere. Looks like little bits of sweetcorn all around my insides.....

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 07:09:22 PM »
So it was Dr.Nick ? Hello everybody !  ;D

No apologies Sapph , it's not a very good situation . Instead of thinking that it's little bit's of sweetcorn think of them as little bit's of a cheque for professional negligence .

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 03:50:11 PM »
LOL  ;D Really all I want though is to know that they're not going to cause me more problems later down the line. Before I had it out, they told me that if it burst and the stones went anywhere, that could be dangerous. So I can't see how having them floating about can be 'fine', iyswim?!

Doc Nuke

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 07:57:53 PM »
The link between the increase in heroin-related deaths and the new Recovery strategy cannot be conclusively proven, but neither can the theory of evolution or quantum physics - yet it’s pretty obvious to anyone of reasonable intelligence that the universe and its inhabitants evolved from a Big Bang, not from some god invented by uneducated sheep-farmers 2,000 years ago.
Same logic applies here: the number of heroin-related deaths in the UK in 2014 reached an all-time high of 1,272 (about 3 or 4 deaths per day) – compared with 819 at the onset of Recovery in 2011. Such a huge increase had to be caused by something, and when we rule out the other possible causes (which we pretty much can) we are left with our ‘lets un-park those methadone-heads’ Recovery strategy. For instance, there is no evidence of any increase in the number of heroin users or the purity of heroin. On the contrary, official statistics and research for England & Wales show that the annual prevalence of heroin use has steadily dropped off over the last decade, as has the purity of heroin seized by the police. For example, the purity of heroin was between 40% and 50% from 2004 to 2009, compared with about 20% in 2011 and 2012 and 33% in 2013.

Indeed, there is a lot of scattered evidence suggesting that a major cause of heroin-related deaths is using standard doses of heroin while having low tolerance to opioids. This situation typically comes about when heroin users are put on methadone-reduction regimes (recovery-style), and then exit treatment or prison with their ‘drug-free’ smiley-badge, and then return to using illicit heroin (what a surprise!). Recovery does not rock: it kills. Recovery supporters have blood on their hands.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:04:26 PM by Doc Nuke »