Author Topic: Doctors refusing methadone  (Read 7911 times)

seven

Re: Doctors refusing methadone
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 10:43:52 AM »
seeing as most people I know at work drink more than the "recommended" amount then they must all be "addicts" because if you said to them stop drinking they would refuse therefore they must have a "problem" because if they didn't they wouldn't drink...well that's the logic for users of other drugs so why not the poison alcohol

seven

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2016, 10:48:51 AM »
If you drank 2-3 times a week a few units each time then an extended alcohol use questionaire should be done, so no, doctors don't want 'us' to drink or ignore it. I seem to be asked about alcohol or smoking every time I'm seen by my GP or practice nurse.
Really well one doctor once said to me that drinking a bottle a day of 30% liquor is less harmful than 30 mls of methadone and that was preferable and he is the idiot in my surgery in charge of drug policy....I don't drink or smoke (anything) but im continually asked about my "drinking and smoking"

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 04:22:16 PM »
Agree Simon, I don't think anyone's ignoring alcohol use. I am also asked about it every time I have any kind of medical appointment, despite having been mostly abstinent from alcohol for an extremely long time.

It's always in the media/on the news about the number of units of alcohol that's the recommended maximum being lowered.