Author Topic: New Orange guidelines for consultation  (Read 12324 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: New Orange guidelines for consultation
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2016, 03:43:49 PM »
A lot of drinkers do have a bee in their bonnet when it comes to O.S.T. though, if I had a quid for every time a drinker says that people on methadone are getting high for free thanks to tax-payers money I'd be able to afford a private script !
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

seven

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2016, 04:33:19 PM »
Really....lets see....my father fought in ww2 never had a days sick and when he did get ill at 82 was.ignored and left to die....he paid all his life and got nothing....ive worked many decades and pay national insurance and pay prescriptions....I cost zero infact they make money...how much does a ltr of methadone cost....bugger all

seven

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2016, 04:36:22 PM »
You certainly have a bee in your bonnet about drinkers!!

Unless someone has an alcohol problem, they font need to be abstinent. I am not abstinent from alcohol.

Trouble is they have a double standard....they say everyone who takes opiate has a problem when its not the case they say the very fact you take opiates is "proof" of addiction....DUH

seven

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2016, 04:38:37 PM »
The journey through treatment should be led by the patient, if the patient decides that they would rather remain maintained then it should be accepted by their provider.
I've not read the statement (yet) that a coerced/unwanted reduction will nearly always prove unsuccessful.
Exactly in "treatment" like alcohol users....who get their drug dispensed by the local pub