Author Topic: Help regarding raising a complaint please  (Read 3136 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: Help regarding raising a complaint please
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 10:53:40 AM »
When I got my shiny new Recovery worker it was plainly obvious that the only training that had been given had come straight from the Recovery Agenda, the only thing that he ever seemed to say was that when people go below 80ml they might start wanting to use again. Told me that on every visit, also that Addaction were doing some good work & had a lot of positive outcomes!? At times I felt as if it was me helping him to understand substance use, but without the handsome salary.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 11:32:05 AM »
When I got my shiny new Recovery worker it was plainly obvious that the only training that had been given had come straight from the Recovery Agenda, the only thing that he ever seemed to say was that when people go below 80ml they might start wanting to use again. Told me that on every visit, also that Addaction were doing some good work & had a lot of positive outcomes!? At times I felt as if it was me helping him to understand substance use, but without the handsome salary.
A few years ago I was in town doing some shopping and popped into a pub for a couple of pints, bumped into some staff from the drug service in town that I knew, they introduced me to some new recovery workers. We had a chat and it was all polite but one chap started getting a bit shirty with me, was telling me my approach was wrong. There is only one way for these people when I asked how he thought he could argue with the dept of health, NICE guidelines and the world health organisation he became abusive and swore at me and walked away.
I'm happy for people to have opinions but for Gods sake surely they need something to back them up not just 'I'm right and you're wrong'

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2016, 03:47:49 PM »
" these people " ?!  what people ? ...he's probably CEO of some Recovery chain gang now. Where do they find them ?
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 04:02:13 PM »
Recovery type people, there's only their way and no other way is acceptable, very perceptive of you I believe he was promoted to a service manager.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2016, 01:30:50 PM »
Must have a good head for business & how to make a service profitable by treating " those people ".

Scum always rises to the top, as my father used to say.