Author Topic: CRI/CGL concerns  (Read 4662 times)

John Divney

• Global Moderator
Re: CRI/CGL concerns
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 05:50:00 PM »
Great to see that people are being well looked after at CGL, They have no shame, this from their Facebook page was sent to me today:
A series of interviews about their wonderful staff.

"What is your role?
I am an administrator and I am part of the prescribing team.
What does your role involve?
My role varies depending on my rota. One day I could be answering calls and dealing with faxes. The next, I might be facilitating new client prescriptions, queries and speaking to pharmacists. It's really dynamic!

How marvelous top be helping Junkies..

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 02:03:43 PM »
Ugh, I just cannot see any good in anything that CGL are doing, which is a shame, as they must have some treatment staff who actually care about the patients. Bet they don't stay there long though!!

Foxbrush

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 09:43:30 PM »
I passed my test but they showed no concern or appreciation for how difficult getting getting​ off Benzos is. I managed to get them to reduce my pickups twice a week thankfully. This came just in time to save me having to go every day as my new Benzo withdrawal symptoms are terrible malaise and lethargy. I am stuck on the sofa most of the time at the moment. I feel as if I am just getting over the flu. No energy at all and sodding pain all over my body. Very, very fed up. Even typing a few lines on here wears me out. I'm waiting for a now rare ok moment then I am emailing this experience to as many people as I can think of.

They have no idea how to deal with someone dependent on Benzos and I dread to think what others are being subjected to. You can't deal with Benzos in the same way as Opiates or Coke or anything like that. This is a very different beast. It's a very confusing, nonlinear thing. CRI or whatever they call themselves now need to realise this before someone dies via a forced cold turkey from Benzos. It would not surprise me if they already have.

When they come downstairs from their Ivory Towers, idealists are very apt to walk straight into the gutter. ~Logan Pearsall Smith

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 05:34:36 PM »
Well done getting rid of Benzo's, hopefully you'll start feeling better soon, awful drugs, often cause more anxiety than they ever cured. People often say they felt like a fog has been lifted.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 04:01:02 PM »
Foxbrush

I promise you will start feeling better. It's a long old slog, but when you do start feeling better you realise that you actually feel better without them.

Good on you for sticking it out, it's going to get better!!

Foxbrush

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 10:45:58 AM »
Well done getting rid of Benzo's, hopefully you'll start feeling better soon, awful drugs, often cause more anxiety than they ever cured. People often say they felt like a fog has been lifted.

I do feel so much better mentally since I stopped using that crap I must admit. I was having what's called 'paradoxical side effects', which included total insomnia and awful panic attacks. I suppose I should be thankful I have my mind back at least. I'm not having any psychological withdrawal symptoms like depersonalization, so I suppose I should be thankful for small mercies. The physical symptoms are insane though, I've never felt so sick in all my life. I will never, ever touch another Benzo again.

You are so right in saying that Simon, Benzos land up helping those they are supposed to help, the least. I am absolutely shocked at how agencies such as CRI/CGL treat anyone dependent on them too. I landed up having to explain to them what Diclazepam was and that it really was no different to prescribed/illicit Benzos when it comes to effects and the risks involved in suddenly stopping it. Thankfully I managed to hold them off while I reduced it as best as I could and stopped. I still laugh when it dawns on me I had to teach a DSP about a drug though lol.

I just found out Professor Ashton is unwell and unlikely to recover too. I probably wouldn't have got off Benzos without her advice. I used a lot of her stuff when facing off with CRI over it too. :(
When they come downstairs from their Ivory Towers, idealists are very apt to walk straight into the gutter. ~Logan Pearsall Smith

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 03:02:08 PM »
I do feel so much better mentally since I stopped using that crap I must admit. I was having what's called 'paradoxical side effects', which included total insomnia and awful panic attacks. I suppose I should be thankful I have my mind back at least. I'm not having any psychological withdrawal symptoms like depersonalization, so I suppose I should be thankful for small mercies. The physical symptoms are insane though, I've never felt so sick in all my life. I will never, ever touch another Benzo again.

You are so right in saying that Simon, Benzos land up helping those they are supposed to help, the least. I am absolutely shocked at how agencies such as CRI/CGL treat anyone dependent on them too. I landed up having to explain to them what Diclazepam was and that it really was no different to prescribed/illicit Benzos when it comes to effects and the risks involved in suddenly stopping it. Thankfully I managed to hold them off while I reduced it as best as I could and stopped. I still laugh when it dawns on me I had to teach a DSP about a drug though lol.

I just found out Professor Ashton is unwell and unlikely to recover too. I probably wouldn't have got off Benzos without her advice. I used a lot of her stuff when facing off with CRI over it too. :(
Those effects are very common, people think they help, get really anxious so take more, add in some booze, then aggression as they desperately try to get something to help them feel better. They're supposed to help with anxiety right?
I only have a couple of people on them now, if advised by a psychiatrist or for a medical reason and if it helps at all.
I once looked out of my window to see a lad running off with a huge, ugly, potted plant he'd nicked from out reception, scratching my head and thinking yup Diazepam.
Sadly the problem has moved to Gabapentin and Pregabalin, fine for wheat they're needed for but needs careful monitoring. Too many are taking loads and getting into scrapes or getting dead.
Sad news about Prof. Ahston, she was very kind with a problem I had with a patient, helped out loads, nice lady.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 03:05:36 PM »
Any link or info about Prof. Ashton being unwell, can't find any links?

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 02:45:02 PM »
I am glad you're at least starting to feel a little bit better Foxbrush.

After the initial physical WD's went away for me, it took a while for the residual WD's and mental stuff to go away, but once it did I found that my anxiety etc was actually better off them than it was on them, and my whole mental health aspect seemed improved.