Author Topic: Addaction conference on drug related deaths.  (Read 5220 times)

sapphire

• Administrator
Re: Addaction conference on drug related deaths.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 04:23:50 PM »
In the waiting room at my DSP, people are ALWAYS going on about NPS's and how awful they are to come off, so people have turned to crack and heroin!

Makes you wonder exactly what the fuck is in Spice?! After seeing people on it, there's no way I want to even contemplate trying that shit!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 06:22:28 PM »
I read that some people use heroin to ease the withdrawals from spice, but say that it only helps! Makes you wonder what spice actually is made of, does anyone know ?
Would people be smoking it if they could just smoke weed, would it ever of been produced if weed was available?
Prohibition really has failed us.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 08:48:14 PM »
I read that some people use heroin to ease the withdrawals from spice, but say that it only helps! Makes you wonder what spice actually is made of, does anyone know ?
Would people be smoking it if they could just smoke weed, would it ever of been produced if weed was available?
Prohibition really has failed us.
People take anything they can to feel better, they use and trust what they know.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 05:19:57 PM »
People take anything they can to feel better, they use and trust what they know.

& will continue to do so no matter what someone else says
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 07:46:22 PM »
& will continue to do so no matter what someone else says
When politicians realise this things  will get much easier, they won't realise this and if they do another lot will come along and we start all over again.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 04:20:53 PM »
They need to realise that they can make money with the regulation & distribution of substances instead of having to find money to pay for the cost of prohibition. I have read that the money made by the illicit drug market has actually come in quite handy to keep the system from collapsing because of its fluidity,billions of pounds worth of hard cash that can be moved around the financial world. Not sure how true that is but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 12:15:46 PM »
They need to realise that they can make money with the regulation & distribution of substances instead of having to find money to pay for the cost of prohibition. I have read that the money made by the illicit drug market has actually come in quite handy to keep the system from collapsing because of its fluidity,billions of pounds worth of hard cash that can be moved around the financial world. Not sure how true that is but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were.
There'd be a lot of illegal trade finished, lot of very rich people unable to afford new yachts, mansions, Lear jets, Bentleys and so on. We could give 350m a week to the NHS I bet, with the cash saved from the EU we'd have the best health service in the world.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 04:18:40 PM »
Yes look at all the other businesses that have profited from the sale of weed in the states, in my head it's always been the obvious answer. Everything else is sold under some kind of regulation be it toilet paper or plutonium & people use illicit substances whatever the legal repercussions are so how could things get any worse than they are now ?

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 02:30:31 PM »
The negative from making weed legal in some U.S. states has been that Mexican cartels have been flooding the place with other drugs (specifically opioids) in order to maintain profit levels that dropped from lost marijuana sales.