Author Topic: Should we be on Twitter?  (Read 7441 times)

simon

• Global Moderator
Should we be on Twitter?
« on: November 19, 2016, 05:10:58 PM »
I don't know what people think about this, seems loads of forums post to it, should we?

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: Should we be on Twitter?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 09:56:24 AM »
Having never tweeted in my life ( if that's the correct tech lingo ? ) I wouldn't know, what are the benefits of being a Twit ?
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 02:22:03 PM »
Having never tweeted in my life ( if that's the correct tech lingo ? ) I wouldn't know, what are the benefits of being a Twit ?
It seems all the drug services do it SMMGP, PHE, RCGP, almost all the addiction doctors so I think we may be missing out on being known to be still around.
I've not been tweeting long but have had an account some years.

seven

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 03:56:44 PM »
There are lots of good professionals there who see that so called "addicts" do not exist...they can also help you with human rights laws etc  because we ARE being discriminated against and you get to flame the "im in recovery and you have a problem too " idiots which is a bonus

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 03:42:54 PM »
Do you think we need one? Personally I'm just thinking its one more thing I'd have to keep checking on/maintaining.

What do other people think, any of you guys Tweet/think an Alliance Twitter account would be worthwhile?

If people think it would be useful then it certainly something worth trying.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 05:22:26 PM »
There are lots of good professionals there who see that so called "addicts" do not exist...they can also help you with human rights laws etc  because we ARE being discriminated against and you get to flame the "im in recovery and you have a problem too " idiots which is a bonus
Personally I don't 'flame' people but I do think there's plenty of allies we could be involved with and get us noticed.

martin

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 09:10:03 AM »
I agree Twitter is a good idea it does reach a wider audience

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 11:47:54 AM »
If it reaches more people then it can only be a good thing, not altogether sure the way it works ? As long as it gives the impression that the Alliance is a organisation that takes evidence based / individualised treatment seriously then why not.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 04:24:13 PM »
Yes, I'm starting to think it could be a good thing. Most orgs have FB and Twitter accounts, so perhaps it's time we got down with the whole social media thing!

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 04:33:25 PM »
Gets us noticed, maybe attract funding and invites to conferences.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 03:58:13 PM »
Yes, we should do it. I've e-mailed you. I'm also going to speak to FB about what we discussed.

froude

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 10:46:17 AM »
Yep

Think twitter would be a great idea,surprised you aint thought about it before

HAPPY NEW YEAR
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »
Happy New Year to you too Froude!!!

For the Twitter and Facebook accounts, we need a logo, or at least a profile picture.

I am completely inept at anything creative like that, anything I tried creating would be just embarrassing, so does anyone have an idea what we could use in the interim until we get a proper logo created?

Something that represents in an image what we're about?

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 07:12:05 PM »
Happy New Year to you too Froude!!!

For the Twitter and Facebook accounts, we need a logo, or at least a profile picture.

I am completely inept at anything creative like that, anything I tried creating would be just embarrassing, so does anyone have an idea what we could use in the interim until we get a proper logo created?

Something that represents in an image what we're about?

We're about Research backed Evidence & individualised treatment, emphasis placed on the fact that we're a diverse patient group that should be treated no differently than anyone else.
The public assumes that people receiving OST are unemployable & lazy which simply isn't true. We are discriminated against by employers & some ignorant medical professionals.

Not a bloody clue how you  can represent all that, maybe a simpler " my treatment , my choice " would suffice ?

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 07:32:50 PM »
We're about Research backed Evidence & individualised treatment, emphasis placed on the fact that we're a diverse patient group that should be treated no differently than anyone else.
The public assumes that people receiving OST are unemployable & lazy which simply isn't true. We are discriminated against by employers & some ignorant medical professionals.

Not a bloody clue how you  can represent all that, maybe a simpler " my treatment , my choice " would suffice ?
Some sort of coloured balloon?