Author Topic: You're in pain, you must reduce ?  (Read 3186 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: You're in pain, you must reduce ?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 04:42:39 PM »
Yes well done ! Carrying out a reduction at this time of year when places will be working odd hours, people going on holiday is absolute nonsense.
It does seem that the recording of important meetings is now the only way to make sure that the patient gets the treatment they want, nobody takes minutes & any provider intent on making changes to your care isn't above twisting what gets said into what they either think or want to be said.
As I've said before, I'm sure that there are a lot of people who want to be reduced off meth/bupe or whatever why do providers think that this now has to apply to every patient ?

I once asked that very question John, if we could have a bit of room to hold SU meetings. I was told no, something to do with insurance & " did I really think junkies would be interested in attending " possibly not then as most people who were scripted were quite happy with their treatment then. I think that there would be quite a few who would show interest now in the Recovery era, asking questions like " why do we have to give up our scripts " or " do we need to start actively using again just to hold onto our script ". Sometimes feels like that is the case. Can providers not just be happy with the fact that people are stable & sticking to their meth ? Used to be.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

Filskit

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 04:54:36 PM »
There was one final twist to the tale....

I got a text message 30minutes roughly before the pharmacy closes to inform me that my re-instated script had just been dropped off & needed picking up that day or I would obviously lose a days dose so forever be one day behind. Cost me 15 in a taxi to get there in time to pick it up.
Considering the meeting ended at 1000am, it did seem rather childish to act in this way. I hope they got a kick out of it as it will be the last chance that the Recovery team gets of mucking me about.
Twats.

John Divney

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 05:58:37 PM »
There used to be lots of SU meetings, something the NTA were big on. I found them to be a bit hit and miss really. Either invited to meetings I had no idea about, what's a JCG etc? whats its function and why would anyone listen to me? Or sometimes, too many users turning up, all moaning about scripts, cant get amps etc. The ones I thought were best were when a speaker came to talk about NICE or the Orange book, Government guidelines and strategy, now and again Dr Stefan used to come and explain his point of view and why he did it and other GPs would not. Trouble is they tended to get sort of hijacked by same old people all the time, the professional patients, the ones with their own agenda who put others off from attending. They don't exist now anyway, I believe CGL have focus groups like Marks and Spencers.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 06:06:18 PM »
Groups focused on how to maximise profit....sorry I meant Recovery. ::)
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 06:46:57 PM »
There used to be lots of SU meetings, something the NTA were big on. I found them to be a bit hit and miss really. Either invited to meetings I had no idea about, what's a JCG etc? whats its function and why would anyone listen to me? Or sometimes, too many users turning up, all moaning about scripts, cant get amps etc. The ones I thought were best were when a speaker came to talk about NICE or the Orange book, Government guidelines and strategy, now and again Dr Stefan used to come and explain his point of view and why he did it and other GPs would not. Trouble is they tended to get sort of hijacked by same old people all the time, the professional patients, the ones with their own agenda who put others off from attending. They don't exist now anyway, I believe CGL have focus groups like Marks and Spencers.
Oh those lovely days of funding, conference places and positive action, long gone now. Their was so much energy then and positive moves to make things better, to 'recruit' people into treatment, get them on decent doses and see them get better.
If service users weren't interested in meetings they were given bribes, how odd it seems now but that's how much cash was about.
If we look at today you've a fight on your hands, the door and NA.