Author Topic: Lifeline closing?  (Read 8751 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: Lifeline closing?
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 06:14:34 PM »
You slimey fekker, I get 15mg midazolam a couple of minutes before the injection & told to fekk off an hour later. The Pain Cons then says go home & have a joint, I say " give me some pot " then he laughs & says I can't do that.
I admit I smoke pot now & then but I find it a bit offensive that he thinks that just because I'm on a script I use any drug offered.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 06:59:37 PM »
You slimey fekker, I get 15mg midazolam a couple of minutes before the injection & told to fekk off an hour later. The Pain Cons then says go home & have a joint, I say " give me some pot " then he laughs & says I can't do that.
I admit I smoke pot now & then but I find it a bit offensive that he thinks that just because I'm on a script I use any drug offered.
I got fresh coffee and toast before discharge, wasn't right for a few days, couldn't have worked, took three days off, went back a bit early I think. No idea if Midazolam would've been better.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2017, 05:02:58 PM »
Might have been for  you, makes no difference to me as have a benzo script anyway. One time I asked them just to do it without midazolam but Cons said he wouldn't do it in that case. It just means you can escape day surgery asap.
I get a double dose of midazolam,no analgesia before they stick me with the biggest needle I've ever had inserted into my body. Could ask for fentanyl instead next time but reckon I'll be told to feck off. ::)
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2017, 11:43:00 AM »
Talking about medical procedures, any one know anything about getting blood samples from an artery due to no normal venous access,not even groin or neck?

John Divney

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2017, 12:06:10 PM »
I was under a consultant for a while and they couldnt get blood easily from me. The ladies at the NEX eventually did it and continued to do so until they went. The current practice nurse digs about now and makes a right mess, she won't listen to an addict I think. The NEX nurses though, never failed and always used a butterfly on the back of my hand, never an issue and more importantly, painless and no bruising.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2017, 01:48:32 PM »
Afraid not Sapph, my Pain Cons is impressive with needles. Has never failed so I just ask to get sent to him if any bother. Seen a few Junior Dr's trying their hands with people with no vein damage, they're usually sweating more than the patients, I always just think how much easier it looks when you've got both hands, proper tourniquets, lighting etc.
I suppose you've got to learn somehow.
While on the subject, if people are scripted amps then they've got the option of s/m,s/c rather than battering their veins constantly. Another way to Reduce Harm.
Have been trying to convince a friend to use a syringe up the bum recently. I fear that he'll just carry on until that's the  only option available though.

John Divney

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2017, 04:33:35 PM »
meth amps are only licensed for IM use anyway. One of those weird things that GPs prescribe knowing they are not going to be used properly. They can sting a bit too IV, 50mgs especially. I always like the 35mgs and do still miss them, don't know anyone on them now though, can't see CGL knocking out amps.....can you?
Didn't Scotland have a 'Up Yer Bum' campaign some time ago? The continent are very keen on shoving stuff up your arse but happily we Brits are made of sterner stuff.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2017, 04:34:56 PM »
Talking about medical procedures, any one know anything about getting blood samples from an artery due to no normal venous access,not even groin or neck?
One of prison doctors I worked with used to do this regularly from radial artery, it is a bit uncomfrtable though. I did work with a GP years ago who was a dab hand at femoral stabs, he worked in paediatrics years before and he had to do it on kids.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2017, 04:36:49 PM »
meth amps are only licensed for IM use anyway. One of those weird things that GPs prescribe knowing they are not going to be used properly. They can sting a bit too IV, 50mgs especially. I always like the 35mgs and do still miss them, don't know anyone on them now though, can't see CGL knocking out amps.....can you?
Didn't Scotland have a 'Up Yer Bum' campaign some time ago? The continent are very keen on shoving stuff up your arse but happily we Brits are made of sterner stuff.
Was some materials on 'up yer bum' about using heroin that way, nobody has ever told me they've done it though.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2017, 11:20:11 AM »
Another forum user has experience of the up yer bum method, seemed to think it was a decent alternative to missing several times before getting a vein. Yes Scotland had lot's of amputations around the palf & temazzie egg era so lot's of material was published. Can't say I've ever done more than considered it. Certainly wouldn't cross my mind with an amp. Last ones that fell into my possession were dmorph 30mg, before that a couple of boxes of 10mg. That was several years back now, not seen any physep amps of any sort this century.
If money was no object I think that the physeptone amps would be my chosen treatment, possibly a couple of diamorph for the weekend & bank holidays  :)

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2017, 04:57:52 PM »
I think the French use a lot of suppositories. Not sure why I'm posting this but anyway.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2017, 04:18:47 PM »
I have tried the method before when I messed up a hit but didn't want to waste it. It does work reasonably well & is better than giving yourself a blood clot or losing what's in the barrel. Not something you'd feel comfortable doing in a roomful of other people though. Some of my friends reckoned that it was the " best " way to take ecstasy ? they liked doing a lot of poppers & putting things up their bum generally though. Being a dedicated user of opioid drugs getting a 5ml syringe up there was challenging enough. It's a bit of a one way valve for me. Saying that, if heroin suppositories were being handed out I wouldn't say no.
Not sure why I said that either ?

Odysseus

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2017, 11:52:20 AM »
A friend of mine lived in Paris for a good few years, she told me there were a fair few users over there who used mostly suppositories, they acquired the slang name of "arse junkies" amongst the local iv users. 

On the up yer bum, it didn't really take off over here either, though I do believe it is good way to get your stuff into to your system.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2017, 05:35:51 PM »
Christ, if being called a junkie wasn't enough....a bloody arse junkie ? Can't get enough arse, score me some arse immediately !!

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2017, 05:30:43 PM »
Mr Sapphire needs a load of blood tests, and he's got no access anywhere. We've passed about with groin/neck and butterflies/children's needles etc with no joy, and its starting to piss him off getting poked about all the time but them not actually ever getting any blood!