Author Topic: Lifeline closing?  (Read 6161 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: Lifeline closing?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 02:45:52 PM »
Yes, when the head NHS pharmacist was called on to get involved with me we got on really well & pretty much left the Recovery shrink & couldn't care less coordinator with nothing to say. Sadly that was before he was taken aside & informed that as a team they were working towards kicking me off my script. After that he was unable to look me in the eye & didn't have time to attend meetings.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2017, 02:01:57 PM »
Yes, when the head NHS pharmacist was called on to get involved with me we got on really well & pretty much left the Recovery shrink & couldn't care less coordinator with nothing to say. Sadly that was before he was taken aside & informed that as a team they were working towards kicking me off my script. After that he was unable to look me in the eye & didn't have time to attend meetings.

What's going on with your script these days? Is your old GP back prescribing you,or are they still hassling you to reduce? I suppose at least you don't have to suffer the fat bulgarian any longer, so at least there are small mercies!!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2017, 04:30:44 PM »
Things are going good, back seeing my own GP as the Recovery people seemed to think that our relationship was beyond repair, think it may of had something to do with me digitally recording our final meeting when they couldn't tell me what guidelines they were working to  :o :o :o unfortunately the Recovery shrink still signs my script. I received an email from my GP a few months ago asking if I still had the digital recording, which I do. When asked why he said he'd received an email asking why I wasn't reducing, his reply was that he had been present at my final Recovery meeting & had left under the impression that it was my script & my choice whether to reduce or not. Told me that he'd thought I was being a tad paranoid recording the meeting but in retrospect now understood as the Recovery shrink seemed to have problems with their listening skills.
Strangely enough both Psychiatrists employed by the NHS are now leaving before their contracts end, apparently given " good references " even though they have been bombarded with skip loads of complaints. People using FB these days & naming the bastards ( though only for MH issues ) I was told I could make a legal complaint but that puts everything in the public domain & I'd rather not have the kids read about the 5 year carry-on in the local rag.
Asked my GP ( who ran a great clinic ) who would be prescribing OST once these eejits leave, he shrugged his shoulders & said that it wasn't his problem but wouldn't see me suffer.
So it's all worked out.....unless we end up with Addaction getting the contract & then the whole Recovery merry go round may start again. If so I will be getting legal on them , I can't go throw it all again. Be easier just doing what the majority of users that have been Recovered do & just scoring. Hopefully not!
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2017, 02:55:03 PM »
Lol @ "tad paranoid"! You just have to be these days or god knows what would happen to your treatment?!

I'm glad it's going OK though, after all the stress you went through with the fat Bulgarian etc, you certainly were due a break from all that!  :)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »
I'm still not fully relaxed that I'll be left alone to live a "normal" ( silly word ) life. GP has gone away for his usual 6-8 week holiday, that's when the gits often try something on & surprise surprise one of my items that have been on repeat for 15 years didn't turn up at the pharmacy with everything else. Luckily it was the old pharmacist who used to own the place dispensing but now works as a locum after selling the local chain for a fortune. We get on well, he knows I'm not going to mess him about so he gave me the tabs & told me he'd sort it out & things would remain " sweet for another month ". If it had been one of the new young 'uns it would have been a major carry on no doubt. They really can be quite judgemental , I had a GP appointment on a Tues. a couple of months ago, had the dose of two med's changed, my pain relief was increased & another med reduced. Took the script straight to the pharmacy after the appointment & a very young pharmacist accused me of doing something underhand telling me " he knew my type " & " what I was up to ". There was a balance still to be received of the lower dose of pain killers so I ended up getting the balance + the dose from the new script when I picked up.

I will be taking in the previous owner his usual Xmas tipple & the ladies a bottle of wine as I do every year. The less friendly pharmacists get nothing.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2017, 10:40:55 PM »
I'm still not fully relaxed that I'll be left alone to live a "normal" ( silly word ) life. GP has gone away for his usual 6-8 week holiday, that's when the gits often try something on & surprise surprise one of my items that have been on repeat for 15 years didn't turn up at the pharmacy with everything else. Luckily it was the old pharmacist who used to own the place dispensing but now works as a locum after selling the local chain for a fortune. We get on well, he knows I'm not going to mess him about so he gave me the tabs & told me he'd sort it out & things would remain " sweet for another month ". If it had been one of the new young 'uns it would have been a major carry on no doubt. They really can be quite judgemental , I had a GP appointment on a Tues. a couple of months ago, had the dose of two med's changed, my pain relief was increased & another med reduced. Took the script straight to the pharmacy after the appointment & a very young pharmacist accused me of doing something underhand telling me " he knew my type " & " what I was up to ". There was a balance still to be received of the lower dose of pain killers so I ended up getting the balance + the dose from the new script when I picked up.

I will be taking in the previous owner his usual Xmas tipple & the ladies a bottle of wine as I do every year. The less friendly pharmacists get nothing.
should write a list of judgemental words about 'your type' Christ it'd be a long one you 'drug seeking' people.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2017, 04:29:12 PM »
I was actually thinking about that today. I've been getting these spinal injections every 4 months for a few years now, had on the end of May. Pain Cons tell's me that it should stop any sciatic pain down to at least my knee & my sciatic pain has always been in the R side.
One month after the injection still feeling lower back pain as well as pain in both right & left legs, I'm not entirely sure that they're very effective even though it's a high dose of the blocker. Maybe it is helping ? To be honest the real reason I get it done is because I'm willing to try anything to ease the pain & also if I am prepared to let someone stick a scarily large needle into my spine it means that they can't just accuse me of drug seeking, or whatever. The pain cons told me that he knew what was wrong without the need of an mri scan, he called some of the damage " traction injuries " (?) asked my GP what a traction injury was & he said he wasn't altogether sure. A mri scan would at least show the problem up, but I'd be mortified if I had one & they said there was nothing wrong. The pain + my past working life when I did all sorts of stupid macho things makes me think that there is something wrong but maybe I just suffer from hyper-analgesia due to long term opioid use.
All I know is that it's sore, not agony but uncomfortably sore all the time & very sore several times a week. Saying that though I get by with my meth & pain killers. Stronger ones do work better but should maybe save them for when I really need them.
it's all so complicated when people have preconceived ideas because you're on meth.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2017, 09:16:05 PM »
I was actually thinking about that today. I've been getting these spinal injections every 4 months for a few years now, had on the end of May. Pain Cons tell's me that it should stop any sciatic pain down to at least my knee & my sciatic pain has always been in the R side.
One month after the injection still feeling lower back pain as well as pain in both right & left legs, I'm not entirely sure that they're very effective even though it's a high dose of the blocker. Maybe it is helping ? To be honest the real reason I get it done is because I'm willing to try anything to ease the pain & also if I am prepared to let someone stick a scarily large needle into my spine it means that they can't just accuse me of drug seeking, or whatever. The pain cons told me that he knew what was wrong without the need of an mri scan, he called some of the damage " traction injuries " (?) asked my GP what a traction injury was & he said he wasn't altogether sure. A mri scan would at least show the problem up, but I'd be mortified if I had one & they said there was nothing wrong. The pain + my past working life when I did all sorts of stupid macho things makes me think that there is something wrong but maybe I just suffer from hyper-analgesia due to long term opioid use.
All I know is that it's sore, not agony but uncomfortably sore all the time & very sore several times a week. Saying that though I get by with my meth & pain killers. Stronger ones do work better but should maybe save them for when I really need them.
it's all so complicated when people have preconceived ideas because you're on meth.
They'd not give you those injections for fun, you really should have an MRI, it will show changes, guarantee it.
Methadone is a bit of a boring drug, no idea why people who have a bit of knowledge judge.
If people simply ignored the Methadone your pain should be treated exactly the same as everyone elses., the Methadone will help little with your pain, if at all, then you know this.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2017, 06:09:47 PM »
They'd not give you those injections for fun, you really should have an MRI, it will show changes, guarantee it.
Methadone is a bit of a boring drug, no idea why people who have a bit of knowledge judge.
If people simply ignored the Methadone your pain should be treated exactly the same as everyone elses., the Methadone will help little with your pain, if at all, then you know this.

Not even to shut up a patient threatening legal action ? Agreed, methadone is not on it's own very exciting but it does what it is intended to do which is why I'm using it. If you have nasty toothache then you really notice the effect that meth has for a handful of hours & less so for the rest of the 24 hours. I'm terrified what my back pain would be like without my 80ml meth & dhc, even after all that it's uncomfortable. I'm going to demand an mri, nearly all the lads I used to lay kerbs with are using stairlifts to get upstairs these days.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2017, 09:25:54 PM »
Not even to shut up a patient threatening legal action ? Agreed, methadone is not on it's own very exciting but it does what it is intended to do which is why I'm using it. If you have nasty toothache then you really notice the effect that meth has for a handful of hours & less so for the rest of the 24 hours. I'm terrified what my back pain would be like without my 80ml meth & dhc, even after all that it's uncomfortable. I'm going to demand an mri, nearly all the lads I used to lay kerbs with are using stairlifts to get upstairs these days.
You should've had an MRI before the injections - nerve root block? How do they know it's the nerve and which nerve?

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2017, 04:50:34 PM »
They Pain Cons said it was predominantly to provide pain relief from a severely shattered coccyx, the other suggestion was to " nip a bit off the bottom of my spine "...No thanks you all the fuckin same pal!! I don't want to have any parts " nipped off " :o
Was told that it would sort out sciatica & these other injuries that have accumulated over time. Probably does help but can't say that it's made a huge difference, still need drugs & lower back pain tends to flare up once , twice a year leaving me lying on my side in bed & having to coordinate trips to the toilet with eating,or anything else I need to do. I get by but like anyone who suffers from any symptoms I'd quite like to know what exactly was going on so that I understand why this , or that bit is sore.
They're probably scared that they will have to prescribe a MMT patient stronger pain relief & the patient might get high. Anybody on 80mg of meth a day knows that it'll take a huge amount to get any kind of high of opioid meds.
I'll keep pestering them.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2017, 03:23:57 PM »
Eek, spine injections sound horrific. I hope they wold an MRI and come up with a more effective treatment for you!

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2017, 03:32:48 PM »
Eek, spine injections sound horrific. I hope they wold an MRI and come up with a more effective treatment for you!
I've had them but after an MRI so not treating blindly. First time I've been off sick in about 20yrs, shook me up a bit, was given Fentanyl and Profolol, can't see attraction of either drug, least I can say I've tried Fentanyl and came off it no problem and alive. No euphoria, must say was disapointed, expecyed it to be a bit of a treat.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2017, 03:45:24 PM »
Yeah me too, I was expecting Fentanyl to be amazing,was VERY disappointed!!

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2017, 04:06:52 PM »
Yeah me too, I was expecting Fentanyl to be amazing,was VERY disappointed!!
Admittedly I didn't scream when they were injecting steroids in me but I'd hoped for a well earned high, just felt more awake and alert, no idea why an opiate user would take it.