Author Topic: Doctors keep telling me not to increase methadone.  (Read 5230 times)

sapphire

• Administrator
Re: Doctors keep telling me not to increase methadone.
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2017, 04:04:34 PM »
Oh no, that's just the sort of fucked up animal that Mr Sapph would go and adopt. We already have a one eyed,broken tailed generally manly cat with a limp who's feet and general demeanour make me think it's one of Satan's little helpers.

It is the most fucked up animal I've ever seen, it just appeared in the garden one day so he started feeding it and after asking around no one would admit to owning the devil's spawn, so we ended up with it.

You actually have to muzzle it at the vet, as it bit one of them, and then had the audacity to look pleased with itself.

It terrorises the other cats and even the dog's shit scared of it. Plus if it gets a chance, it always passes on my stuff,never Mr S's, only ever mine, little bitch......

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2017, 04:03:31 PM »
I've got a ginger cat very much like the one in " A Street Cat Named Bob ", I've been trying to direct a few scenes for the epic " A Street Cat Named Happily Maintained & Contributing to Society " but the bastard thing doesn't respond well to direction & is a thoroughly selfish, lazy, needy pain in my arse. Most cat's are.
While on the subject I read about a cafe in a UK city that makes it's money from selling expensive refreshments to punters who feel the need to stroke a pussy while they have their chocca-mocha-latte.

I had read of them in Japan before, apparently they provide a service for lonely professionals who don't have time to stroke their own. Now in the UK, what a mad world. I'm thinking about starting up a similar business called " Ewes & Rams " ::)
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

Foxbrush

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2017, 06:30:55 AM »
I don't know if someone has already posted this here, sorry if they have, too early for me to read it all lol, but if you pay for your NHS scripts and require more than one per month, you really should get a monthly PPC (prepayment certificate).

https://apps.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/ppcwebsales/patient.do

I don't work but my husband does, (or did till recently but has been off sick due to complications from his  Cauda Equina) so I still have to pay for scripts and with my Subutex and other meds I'd be paying over 60 a month without it. My husband also has one for all his pain meds etc and it works out so much better for us.

I would get one, it will cover you for all your scripts, Methadone included.

They don't really advertise this one either  ;)
When they come downstairs from their Ivory Towers, idealists are very apt to walk straight into the gutter. ~Logan Pearsall Smith

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2017, 11:37:39 AM »
bastard thing doesn't respond well to direction & is a thoroughly selfish, lazy, needy pain in my arse. Most cat's are.

Ha! My cats are the same for the most part. They demand what they want as if I'm their servant, and get very pissy if they don't get exactly what they want, when they want it. Little bastards. The worst thing is that the nice tempered youngest one is learning all this prima Donna behaviour from the others!

As for the scripts payment, if you're on a med you have to take for life, like tyrosine, or epilepsy ends, and quite a few others for various different conditions you can get a card that entitles you to all your scripts completely free.

I have one due to epilepsy and thyroid issues and it saves me a small fortune every month.