Author Topic: Doctors keep telling me not to increase methadone.  (Read 4966 times)

simon

• Global Moderator
Re: Doctors keep telling me not to increase methadone.
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 07:19:23 PM »
Yeah I'm aware.i actually started my addiction from oxycontin 80mgs. Are you aware  of those? Oxycodone? They're little green pills. Well they made the pills "abuse proof" so when u try to snort them or shoot them they gel up. And they're fucking expensive.  Pardon my language don't know if u can swear on here. Also, they're putting fentanyl in fake oxy 80s.. I've never tried those fake oxys though. I have smoked a fentanyl patch before though. Ive never seen fentanyl in England though. So do u work in like something similar.  to addaction? What are the normal doses where you work at? Do you like in England?
Yes I'm aware of them, I have experience working in palliative care so it's not a huge leap to working in addiction services, similar sort of titrations but less drugs used.
I've mainly worked in primary care services for addictions, recently moved to a third sector organisation so yes like Addaction in that respect.
Doses are really what is needed, as mentioned before people tend to do better on doses of Methadone 60-120mg unless they're aiming to be on a reduction plan.

23yearoldkid

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 07:40:11 PM »
Ah I see is this in England? And I got a question. Is sapphire the owner of this forum? I hear a lot about and from him on other posts. He's like famous to me now haha. And do you know anything about hep c treatment free in the NHS or anyone thwt does!?

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 07:56:24 PM »
Ah I see is this in England? And I got a question. Is sapphire the owner of this forum? I hear a lot about and from him on other posts. He's like famous to me now haha. And do you know anything about hep c treatment free in the NHS or anyone thwt does!?
Sapphire is a she and is the site owner. Hep C can be treated very easily now, for many it can be just one tablet a day and is free.
Oh and yes England.

23yearoldkid

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 08:11:26 PM »
Oh haha sorry. Would love e to talk to her. And thanks for that hep c info. They say I caught it at the best I ever could of caught it. So thays a plus. Only young. I still wanna live! :)

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 09:24:10 PM »
Oh haha sorry. Would love e to talk to her. And thanks for that hep c info. They say I caught it at the best I ever could of caught it. So thays a plus. Only young. I still wanna live! :)
Send her a  PM if you want to chat to her. Hep C treatment has moved on remarkably, remember being on the guidelines for the pegylated interferon must be coming up 15yrs now, totally changed now. Drug companies have done loads of work, also got lots of money but of course it does balance out.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 04:56:22 PM »
Send her a  PM if you want to chat to her. Hep C treatment has moved on remarkably, remember being on the guidelines for the pegylated interferon must be coming up 15yrs now, totally changed now. Drug companies have done loads of work, also got lots of money but of course it does balance out.

Wouldn't bother I've been trying to chat her up for years, too scared that she'll send Sir Sapphire to sort me out though. :D
That was obviously a joke to anyone new to the forum.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

misgog

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2017, 03:30:15 PM »
The first post reminds me of working in the North West in the mid 90's, people terrified of asking for a reasonable dose it was a disgrace. Great advice already dished out and best of luck to you young man in getting the dose that makes you feel comfortable. It's your treatment journey and you need to be in the driving seat so try and be polite but confident with the Doc when you see him, people have different needs when it comes to Meth and there is no rhyme or reason for that, one mans 30 ml is another's 75 ml.   

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2017, 03:30:45 PM »
We seem to be going back in time as far as OST goes, don't suppose we'll get as far back as the British System though.

As misgog says it's " your recovery ". As trendy drug workers will tell you " nobody can do it for you, but you can't do it alone "...maybe I've got that wrong, not sure. They do love their mantras though.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 03:31:18 PM »
If the Dr's are being awkward and not increasing you when you're in withdrawal and craving/still using it might be worth speaking to the service manager.
40mg is not a large dose at all and I'm not surprised that its not holding you.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 06:17:49 PM »
40mg is 10mg above the usual starting dose so ain't going to do anything unless you just want a quick detox.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »
Lol, yeah I'm definitely a she! If you want to talk just send me a pm!

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 04:32:37 PM »
Don't scratch your nuts while you're on the phone, it's off putting.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2017, 12:47:39 PM »
Don't scratch your nuts while you're on the phone, it's off putting.

She was scratching my nuts Simon.......last time I share a tent with you, been scratching ever since!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2017, 12:58:20 PM »
I wonder if Recovery focused forums ( you know the ones that actually get funded ) provide as much smutty innuendo & humour as The Alliance does ?

Whatever the subject of the thread starts as you can be assured that it will at some point be a source of amusement, maintained patients are generally a happy bunch.
Normally happy I mean , not letting balloons of in the sunshine, wearing CGL purple t-shirts & cuddling each other over the fact that someone has finally learnt how to make the perfect lentil stew.
I generally leave with a smile, unlike other forums where I've left before I chuck the laptop through my window.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2017, 04:56:18 PM »
She was scratching my nuts Simon.......last time I share a tent with you, been scratching ever since!
Sure you've not been near the sheep and picked up a tick again?