Author Topic: Held to Ransom  (Read 1947 times)

froude

Held to Ransom
« on: July 07, 2017, 03:32:37 AM »
More and more cases I have heard ,yet again Turning Point my local DSP are holding clients to ransom .Mothers given appointments at 3.30 in another town ,15 minute bus journey ,obviously cant make it due to school,seems to me they are setting you up to fail .

Its a disgrace being pushed off your script
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

simon

• Global Moderator
Re: Held to Ransom
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 04:58:57 PM »
More and more cases I have heard ,yet again Turning Point my local DSP are holding clients to ransom .Mothers given appointments at 3.30 in another town ,15 minute bus journey ,obviously cant make it due to school,seems to me they are setting you up to fail .

Its a disgrace being pushed off your script
People do have to be proactive and make it known what problems they may have getting to appointments. Don't miss appointments and complain - call up soon as they have an appointment they can't keep, don't just miss it!
The times I've heard of buses breaking down, they can't ever make any profit.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 03:23:09 PM »
Oi,Oi, FroudE ! How's it going, are you still a recovery hero ? Living a life without the green glug & just the green weed.
I hope you & the family are well.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 03:28:41 PM »
Hey Froude, long time no see!! How is everything.

Regards people being given appts at inappropriate times, they need to speak up as soon as they try to give them the appt.

If a mum knows she has to pick her kids up at 3:30 and they give her an appt at that time, she needs to say straight away that she can't attend as she has responsibilities to pick the kids up.

The service should be understanding of this, and if they're not, pts need to complain to the service manager.

Foxbrush

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 06:15:48 AM »
I don't allow anyone to make appointments for me. CRI/CGL tried this in a bid to prevent my husband from attending with me. They made the next one for that month in advance hoping he would be at work and would 'kick off' about it, proving their misguided ideas about him being violent to be true. Little did they know he was on long term sick from work and would NEVER be violent towards them lol.

I inform them of all pending dates I cannot do as well. Some of this is also in the hands of patients.
When they come downstairs from their Ivory Towers, idealists are very apt to walk straight into the gutter. ~Logan Pearsall Smith

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 11:23:28 AM »
Why don't they want your husband attending appointments with you?

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 06:57:53 PM »
He's a witness to the bullshit they speak ? Just a shot in the dark.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 03:34:09 PM »
He's a witness to the bullshit they speak ? Just a shot in the dark.

Lol, yeah good point!! They might be more awry of trying to bully patients into reducing if there's someone else there.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 04:20:27 PM »
Services should welcome family members and significant others, thinking back to my palliative care diploma it was called 'The care of the dying patient and the family'. The title I thought significant, often the wider picture is more important than the tiny bit of someones life that we see.
I recall one old lady who had cancer, sometimes she'd shout out 'Ambulance men, I've shit 'em'. Turned out her sons boyfriend was a retired paramdedic. Her son was a member of the Royal ballet and taught ballet, she was very proud of him but couldn't stomach his relationship, can see supporting her, her son and his boyfrend was difficult.
I don't know why I waffled on to this but basically I'm saying there's a bigger part of a person that we often don't see, should welcome in the other parts where it is needed and wanted.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 12:51:51 PM »
Now my service is run by more compassionate people, they're ok with you bringing someone else to your appointment, before they were very suspicious! With good reason.

Foxbrush

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 04:41:55 AM »
I don't really know, probably because he's VERY by the book, if something's promised etc he will demand it's given in writing, and won't stand for any shite. He always comes in, as I stated no him, no me.

I put it to my keyworker that if his partner had to attend an appointment that concerned their health, and wanted him to go along with them, would he be happy if the doctor/person they were seeing told them to leave and constantly made him feel unwelcome and did things to try and obstruct him being there?. No, only I have the right to ask someone to leave my appointment with anyone.

My husband has never been abusive or aggressive, despite us being faced with situations with this DSP that  would push even the most level headed people to the brink. We know if we stick to the rules, if we are the ones that are calm, polite and do things the right way, they can't touch us, and you should see them squirm!.

Happy days.
When they come downstairs from their Ivory Towers, idealists are very apt to walk straight into the gutter. ~Logan Pearsall Smith

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 03:57:01 PM »
Yes that's exactly what you have to do these days, stick to rules, do this, see this person, here, now. Shouldn't have to be any different from seeing a GP & picking up from the chemist for most of us. Enforcing rules only forces patients to appear they are sticking to rules it doesn't mean anybody is. It wasn't a problem being honest, saying you had used dope or anything else to the GP's while they prescribed, they'd be looking at wounds, prescribing antibiotics, etc. Treating a patient as a patient who also was dependent on heroin & other drugs. Clinics were an held at the CDT premises, they had comfy seats, chilled music, quite relaxed.
Now neither side trust the other. If I prove positive for using a drug then albeit, I wouldn't admit to anything without a witness, or digital recording  ;)

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 03:31:59 PM »
It's quite saddening that DSP's really don't want patients to bring people to appointments in case their bullying tactics are exposed.

Of course not all DSP's are like this, but it's a sad indictment of the British treatment system that a percentage of them still are so underhanded.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 02:26:08 PM »
They best watch out or I'll take my 80 year old father with me, he used to be a lecturer & could tear strips of the bastards, think he's still got his standard teachers leather belt ( hmmmm, not sure why  :o )