Author Topic: Help dropped methadone  (Read 1698 times)

DRUIDDOODE

Help dropped methadone
« on: September 11, 2017, 11:47:38 AM »
Sorry if I have posted in wrong place I've bee n for a detox off methadone with no illegal drugs whatsoever.whatsoever.att on Sunday taking my 50ml  and I dropped it.thank fully I had a doctors appointment  as it is far away would it be worth going and asking him would le supply me the 2 days I am missing thanks

simon

• Global Moderator
Re: Help dropped methadone
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 06:19:16 PM »
Worth a go, worst they can say is no. If it's not happened before and you're a model patient maybe they will as a one off.

somethingvague

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:11:00 PM »
Is it a regular GP appointment?

I am hoping you have already sorted this by now, but if not on my area if that happens, you would need to call your regular clinic/methadone prescriber. If it's the first time it's happened they would generally give you a new script. If anyone saw it happen - like if you dropped it inside the pharmacy etc then let them know as they may want to check it.

It would be very mean for them not to give you a replacement if it is the first time this has happened for you. In my area a GP wouldn't prescribe it, only the addiction clinic. My prescriber used to be a substance misuse GP prescriber but cut backs meant she had to stop thst service.

Hope you got it sorted anyway!

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 12:44:01 PM »
Its always worth asking, worse they can say is no! If you're someone who has never asked your Dr to replace methadone before, that will go in your favour.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 04:15:48 PM »
How did it go I wonder ?
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 05:37:42 PM »