Author Topic: So many years later....update  (Read 1169 times)

maggiem

So many years later....update
« on: December 25, 2017, 09:35:23 PM »
Hi all,
Well Happy Christmas everyone.
Update. Daughter is now living in her own flat that has been adapted for her needs, she's met an amazing man that loves and cares for her and is fully aware of her past, he actually proposed today.
She will not walk unaided again, her sight has improved but will always cause her problems, she has a heart murmur and she has psychological issues to deal with BUT she's happy and off drugs.
However if she hadn't had her stroke she wouldn't be here now. She is SO lucky and I am aware that a lot of users out there are still struggling to survive.
Do I think after experiencing her life as a drug user that methadone helped, in retrospect I don't.
The world she lived in was so chaotic and nothing, nothing could help her, only a massive near death experience could. She is happy, her intellect is back, her sense of wicked humour us back, my daughter is back.

simon

• Global Moderator
Re: So many years later....update
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 01:51:14 PM »
Great to hear from you and so good to hear a happy story, even if it's been a long struggle. You know sometimes I think for some people Methadone keeps them that bit safer even though they can be very chaotic, sometimes it's very hard to see in some people though, year after year they plod on and keep taking it though and I can't see that they would if it wasn't doing something.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 04:04:18 PM »
Good news is rare these days so I'm glad that you posted & that everything is now on the up. Life's never how we expect/expected it to be but I like happy endings to a thread.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 02:41:47 PM »
Great to hear from you Maggie, and I am SO pleased that things are going well for your daughter.

I'm sorry you didn't think that mmt helped, it can be great for so many people, but like all medications it doesn't work for everyone.

The main thing is that your daughter is drug free, happy, and you no longer have the constant stress/worry over what she might be up to!!