Author Topic: Generic 2mg Bupe shortage/manufacturing problem?  (Read 3362 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: Generic 2mg Bupe shortage/manufacturing problem?
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2018, 12:28:52 PM »
They're saying that the branded subs may increase in price by 700% though.....I wonder if the newly marketed once a month injections will be less costly?
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

Jackwhan

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2018, 10:44:59 PM »
Looking at the prices on the NICE website, 7 x 8mg now range from 16 - 22. I worked out that my own script costs about 2.10 a week. The thing (I found) with subbies is that 4mg feels no different to 14mg and you can reduce to a fairly low dose relatively quickly and feel as 'normal' as before. That said, higher doses have the blocking effect and this, for me, was essential for at least a year after stopping the gear.

As an aside, I've just read an announcement by Addaction saying that they're also 'monitering' the price of methadone which is also apparently steadily rising in price.

Perhaps we'll all be screwed ...

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2018, 06:51:26 PM »
God only knows what will happen post Brexit, I hope that the UK has a methadone lake in reserve
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

Prun

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2018, 10:47:45 PM »
I would be more than happy to contribute a patient voice - this is after all an essential medication according to the World Health Organisation. Unfortunately, the voice would need to be an anonymous one ... I would like to keep my job.

I picked up my week's script from the pharmacy today and asked about the price and supply issues that had been brought to my attention. The head pharmacist had not heard about or noticed anything - I found this strange.

J

Hi Jack

Apologies as typing on phone, and for delay in response

Im not entirely sure how the alliance would wish to represent itself as a community, and woukd be happy to be guided by the moderators. Depending on the view I would put this directly to PHE.

Also, I have written an update on the issue to be presented at the Royal College of psych executive next week. Id be happy to post it here for this interested.