Author Topic: Generic 2mg Bupe shortage/manufacturing problem?  (Read 3147 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: Generic 2mg Bupe shortage/manufacturing problem?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2018, 05:26:59 PM »
Absolutely, it's either Conservative cuts & rationing or Labour cuts & rationing. I don't think you can fit a rizla between so called left wing & right wing these days as far as the main parties are involved.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2018, 06:39:06 PM »
Absolutely, it's either Conservative cuts & rationing or Labour cuts & rationing. I don't think you can fit a rizla between so called left wing & right wing these days as far as the main parties are involved.
Which govt have you ever felt better off under because I can't think of one.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2018, 11:09:35 AM »
Me neither.....throw a handful off shingle at every MP in the land & you'd be lucky to hit a good one.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2018, 12:25:26 PM »
I really want to vote Labour as my local MP does amazing stuff for his constituents given the pittance he has, but Jeremy Corbyn scares me with all the weird things he does. Like why won't he just come out and use the international definition of anti semitism in the party guidelines?

Why is he doing weird stuff around dead/retired IRA fighters, when they were setting off bombs and killing the people he (as an MP) was representing?

It's just all a bit strange. I have mixed feelings about the IRA, but I don't think the leader if the opposition should be seen to be supporting things like that. (Not that the other side were much better, but you know what I mean!)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2018, 03:13:51 PM »
Politics is theatre, the people who control what happens, whether or not we change policies, go to war with a country, side with the US or Europe are the social elite, the people who have power within the international banking community.
As far as Corbyn is concerned I think he makes the mistake of speaking his mind. I strongly disagree with Israel's treatment of Palestine & they way they treat Arab settlers that have been pushed out of their homelands ever since Israel was made into a country predominately for Jewish settlers. My disagreement with this has got nothing at all to do with religion, anti semitism or disliking / favouring any religous belief & I don't think J.C. is anti-semitic either he disagrees with the Gov. that carries out the oppression of the people forced out of their homes, who happen to be of a different religion.
I guess that his opinion of the I.R.A. comes from a similar belief that he holds.
These beliefs may be his downfall, but I wouldn't knock the fellow for speaking his mind. We should all be allowed to have our own opinions, if you're the leader of one of the two major political parties I'd guess that you're maybe better of keeping certain opinions to yourself though, particularly when it comes to such emotive a subject as religion.

When it comes to voting, I think to myself if life has changed for better or worse under any political party & to be honest it hasn't. One party spends it's time in office trying to clear up the mess left behind by the other & we seem to be going around in circles. There has been no significant changes made by either Labour or Conservative Governments in my lifetime but since the 1970's we have been living under Government's controlled by the international banking corporations. The gap between rich & poor continues to grow, each different Government appears to keep this status quo. If a political party were to stand up & say that their policy was to take the power away from the banking community, start building social housing, stand up to multi-national businesses & tax their profits instead of them turning a blind eye we might have a chance of achieving real change that would benefit the ordinary hard working citizen. I can't say that I'm optimistic that this can happen unless we have a global shift in opinion & fight back against the companies / individuals who are only interested in their own financial ( which equals political ) gain.
Come voting day I'm not sure what I'll do, though any vote which gets the Conservative party out of office is always tempting. Either that or I'll spoil my paper. The best candidate I've seen in recent years was " Nun of the above ".
Best get off my soapbox.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2018, 05:40:58 PM »
I do agree with everything you say though OP.

It's just a shame that when anyone makes a 'pro' Palestine sentiment other people are quick to scream anti semitism.

Also, in the news, since when did it go from being pronounced anti sem-ite to anti seeem-ite? Did I miss something? Probably, I usually do!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2018, 08:55:18 AM »
Think I missed that also Sapph, it's not uncommon for world events happening & me only finding out later.

andy222

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2018, 09:05:59 AM »
OP8S What you say about the banking corporations is exactly what Jeremy Corbyn is talking about. And as for the Palistine position it is exactly right that everyone should talk up about what Israel is doing. I suspect that you are a secret Corbyn supporter, you certainly come across as that. So shout your support for him and the Labour party from the roof tops. ;)

So when did this site become political and not about drugs maintenance? ;D

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2018, 04:47:37 PM »
I do support his opinions, I have little faith in the party. In any party to be truthful, we live in a soap opera democracy, both parties keep the status quo. Saying that I'd vote Labour if only to keep the Tories out. One party I'd like to vote for would be a party that scrapped prohibition & the War Against Drugs, unfortunately the nearest we get to that is the Lib/Dems possibly making weed a bit less illegal or the Green's who have the fantastic Caroline Lewis MP but absolutely no chance of swaying the vote one way or another.
British politics is a stale , out of date system that protects establishment values only.

If anyone cares to fund the "Anti-Prohibition Party " I'd be interested to see how many votes it got, I'd like to think that the puritans would get a surprise as the majority of drug users tend not to advertise their drug use for fear of being branded a criminal. How can the consumption of a substance be criminal if the individual chooses to consume ? It makes as much sense as making cabbage against the law!

I like to think that this site can be about whatever anyone wishes to post. Yes we use drugs, prescribed or not but that's not the sum of our being. I remember the site used to have a section where people posted what they were reading at the time, not sure if it's still there somewhere within the forum(?) Maybe we should post on subjects other than drug treatment ? I'm cooking Bulghar wheat chilli tonight & listening to Iggy Pop while I do so. ;D

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2018, 12:26:31 PM »

So when did this site become political and not about drugs maintenance? ;D

Lol, drug treatment and politics are so closely linked that we often discuss them.

I think I'll probably vote Labour too, as I just couldn't bring myself to vote Tory. They keep going on about what a bad job the last Labour government did with finances, but I don't think Labour can be held accountable for a global economic crash!

With Corbyn's opinions OP, I think you're right. Some of them are not 'wrong', but maybe as leader of the opposition he'd be better off keeping that under his hat?

Did anyone see the news last night where Mark Carney  (Bank of England governor) was saying that if we crash out of the EU then house prices could go down by 30-35%? I don't know if this is actually true, or fearmongering, if it's the latter then he's doing a pretty good job at it!!

Generally speaking though, I think that drug treatment would be better under a non right wing leadership/government.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2018, 01:39:33 PM »
I don't think housing prices would go down that much, we've got a huge housing crisis as it is & I don't believe it's just immigrants needing housed. New Labour have made some remarks on twitter about further drug treatment cuts under the Tories which I would believe may be true so they are saying that they'll change drug policy...maybe but in the run up to a general election people will say anything to get elected. Was it Cameron who wanted to decriminalise weed? Yes but then he changed his mind & we still have terrible punitive laws regarding one of the least toxic substances around.
It's down to the public in the end, if a law is senseless then disregard it. Enough people start growing weed in their window boxes then it will be legalised. I actually think that the rise in NPS use may actually help all decent upstanding drug users, if you can buy what you want or get it on prescription then there's no need for New drugs such as " monkey dust " , a bag of your finest heroin please pharmacist sounds so much better than asking for a dust made for monkeys surely?

Prun

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2018, 01:47:20 AM »
Hi All

Not sure if any of you have seen this already, but thought I would post link below, relating to the buprenorphine cost issue I mentioned a wee while ago. Unfortunately things haven't improved.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/29/heroin-withdrawal-generic-drug-price-hike

I'm working directly with PHE and the DHSC to try and resolve the issues, however its a challenge trying to understand and influence these central mechanisms.

During discussions the lack of patient voice was raised, and that this should be informing the discussion. I did mention to PHE that I was part of this forum, and suggested this may be a way of engaging the very same. What do you think? Other suggestion was for me to speak directly with Niamh from Release who has extensive experience around advocacy, which I plan to do very soon.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2018, 08:01:35 AM »
Market manipulation, plenty of generic morphine products. Screw up their plans to make a killing ( no pun intended )out of users & tell them to stick subs where the sun don't shine.

Or are the powers that be making traditional bupe so expensive that everyone already receiving the sub-lingual tablets will be forced onto the new " once a month bupe injection " that some appear to be punting.

I think if their is a shortage people should be given access to high dose dhc which was shown to be a fairly successful treatment by Dr. Robertson ( ? ) in Leith at the time of the train spotting generation.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:58:40 PM by OP8S »

Jackwhan

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2018, 04:53:56 PM »
I would be more than happy to contribute a patient voice - this is after all an essential medication according to the World Health Organisation. Unfortunately, the voice would need to be an anonymous one ... I would like to keep my job.

I picked up my week's script from the pharmacy today and asked about the price and supply issues that had been brought to my attention. The head pharmacist had not heard about or noticed anything - I found this strange.

J

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2018, 10:12:33 PM »
The branded product was 20.18 for 7x8mg tablets be it Subutex or Suboxone. Services have had some years now of a very cheap product with the generics, not very fair to complain.