Author Topic: Move to sugared Methadone to save money  (Read 1317 times)

simon

• Global Moderator
Move to sugared Methadone to save money
« on: May 22, 2018, 07:58:59 PM »
I have had a communication that one of the largets drug charities is looking to move clients to sugared Methadone as the drug tariff is cheaper for it over sugar free.
Concerns raised over consent and amount of sugar intake.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: Move to sugared Methadone to save money
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 02:35:09 PM »
Is sugar the only extra ingredient ? How dull. User's will have to be asked surely if they want meth or diet meth, can't see pharmacists fucking about with two methameasure dispensers. Suppose they must have a excess of sugary meth they need rid of, chuck in some cyc & make it a bit more interesting.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 04:19:36 PM »
If this affected me, I would have to fight it tooth and nail. The sugary stuff makes me feel extremely sick, to the point I can hardly drink it, and when I do I'm immediately spewing it up.

Honestly, this is worrying! It's a symptom of a bigger problem where these idiots will do anything to save a few quid!!

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 07:54:40 PM »
Is sugar the only extra ingredient ? How dull. User's will have to be asked surely if they want meth or diet meth, can't see pharmacists fucking about with two methameasure dispensers. Suppose they must have a excess of sugary meth they need rid of, chuck in some cyc & make it a bit more interesting.
Lots of different ingredients depending on manufacturer, susnset yellow, tartrazine, alcohol, oh list goes on.

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 07:56:46 PM »
If this affected me, I would have to fight it tooth and nail. The sugary stuff makes me feel extremely sick, to the point I can hardly drink it, and when I do I'm immediately spewing it up.

Honestly, this is worrying! It's a symptom of a bigger problem where these idiots will do anything to save a few quid!!
Well consent is a concern and it's an unfolding picture I believe, did occur to me that some people on Antabuse - think only product without alcohol is Rosemont sugar free.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 01:28:44 PM »
Think you're right Simon, I'd a ex-forces friend that had a 2 litres of Gin a day habit along with a bit of toot  ::)  ! He managed to kick the booze at a hospital detox & the pharmacy had to get in Rosemount for him, more of a brown colour than green I seem to remember (?)
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 09:45:03 PM »
Think you're right Simon, I'd a ex-forces friend that had a 2 litres of Gin a day habit along with a bit of toot  ::)  ! He managed to kick the booze at a hospital detox & the pharmacy had to get in Rosemount for him, more of a brown colour than green I seem to remember (?)
I think one was indeed brown.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 03:13:28 PM »
The 20mg/1ml liquid is brown?

My current liquid is Rosemount, and its quite  a 'see through' type green. I quite like it as anything at all gloomy makes my stomach react very badly.

I actually got some form of dysentery last time they tried to give me 'full fat' methadone. I just can't tolerate anything but sugar free, and even some types of that  (Martindale) can make me a little poorly.

Synaston full fat made me VERY ill!!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 10:20:35 AM »
Well if it's anything like around here you'll only find out when you get given your script & check the labels. Something I do every week before leaving the pharmacy, they're very good & I  don't mean to offend their capability to dispense but there has ben the odd mistake over the course of over a decade on current script, so best to be sure. When they have made mistakes in the past they've been fine as I'm a trusted ( bit more than some ) customer. Returning medications that haven't been prescribed for myself but have somehow fallen into my carrier bag. Admittedley the weren't very interesting Molipaxin, some anti-psychotics once. If a box of dm/physeptone/ diconal amps had mistakenly been included I don't think I could return them without crying. They never seem to make those types of mistakes unfortuneatly.

Mims book

Re: CGL so incompetent itís a nightmare
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 06:29:10 PM »
Hi everyone Iím quite new to this & hope ive done this right !!i live in a town thatís just been taking over by CGL Iím nearly 50&spent the last 30 something years lost in either H when I was younger or for last 20yr on a maintenance script for concentrated meth ,I got a txt to say when first app was for so I go to said app ,but my new key worker is not there!!!no phone call no txt nothing ,so I leave next day I get a txt saying another appointment,I look after my mum who has altzimers,so need times I can go when not looking after my mum,so we agreed a date for the19 June tues at 4.00pm this came through a week before so no problems!!heres where it goes so so wrong ,I received  a txt Tuesday the 12 of June at 5.10 completely out of nowhere no letter no txt ,saying Iíd been booked in to see the medical prescriber dr pinto on the 14th June  12.30 I txt back and explained a day &a half s notice just wasnít any good cos of my carer duties,my key worker said no problem and gave me a different date!!i pick up weekly&am on 150ml a day of 1in10 concentrate meth which is just 15ml I have to take, so I go into my pharmacy on 15th June & Iím  told my script has been done wrong and I have a script for 1in 1 green meth,meaning now I have to try and take a 150ml of the thick green syrup,which I canít take as thatís the reason I was on the 1 in 10 in first place I just canít keep it down ,which is on my file,when I went to CGL to asks y this had happened they said it was ďprobably as I didnít make my appointment with the doctor,this has really screwed me up because I canít keep it down Iíve started using again does anyone have any ideas ,I want to make a full complaint on CGL but wonder is it worth while,I canít even get in touch with Dr Pinto who I hope can fixís this ,sorry for this being so long&hope you understand my writing and punctuation or lack of it thanks all

simon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 07:09:48 PM »
It ccould be a mistake, call them and find out.If the service has just been taken over could be new computer system with limited previous info about you.

Mims book

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 05:21:33 PM »
Hi Simon& thanks for answering,sadly no itís not a limited info case!!or even a case of them being the next drug service in a long line of different drug services ,they have been up and running a few months now all was ok with the  switch over&was getting my normal 105ml concentrate meth with no problems wat so ever,as Iíve experienced these changes before ,I was even calling my pharmacist when initial take over happened every day b4scrpt day for 3weeks,I think he was a little y is this guy calling asking if heís script is ok so many times,it does seem to b a mistake on my k workers part,I think she was obviously meant to write to me with my appointment for the prescribing dr who shows up every 3-4 months to do the usual how r you doing,this k worker like I said gave me a day&halfs notice when she realised she hadnít !!!,So yes mistake definitely,but today I was meant to have a appointment today at 4.00pm which I was hoping this would get sorted ,but instead cgl called me& said no need to come???&they have made me a appointment for the 28th to see prescribing dr,I actually asked them as Iíve not been able to get full fat meth down that  I wasnít going to have grief because Iíve had to score for fist time in years,because of this&to get to the 28th appointment I would still have to carry on&was shocked to here no of course not!!! So thatís that Steve Iím back to square one,and cgl doesnít seem to give a flying f that this has happened&thats wat burns me!!! Thanks 4 listening Steve ,Iím still thinking on making a complaint?do u no how I go about it do you go online or do I ask cgl if they have a form,just feel really kicked to curb on something I hadnít even done

physeptomaton

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 08:30:34 AM »
Well if it's anything like around here you'll only find out when you get given your script & check the labels. Something I do every week before leaving the pharmacy, they're very good & I  don't mean to offend their capability to dispense but there has ben the odd mistake over the course of over a decade on current script, so best to be sure. When they have made mistakes in the past they've been fine as I'm a trusted ( bit more than some ) customer. Returning medications that haven't been prescribed for myself but have somehow fallen into my carrier bag. Admittedley the weren't very interesting Molipaxin, some anti-psychotics once. If a box of dm/physeptone/ diconal amps had mistakenly been included I don't think I could return them without crying. They never seem to make those types of mistakes unfortuneatly.

Unfortunately indeed  :-*  ;D

Ah I seem to remember a strip of those super strength trazodone (Molipaxin)... just to say there are no 'diconal amps'
The Dipipanone/Cyclizine ampoules were called PIPADONE (not Diconal like the tabs) and have not been produced for forty odd years... if they had stayed available, there may be quite a lot less Mother Superiors living with amputated limbs  >:(   

I was looking at the November 1955 Chemist and Druggist, which contained a small advert for then-new Pipadone, and also spotted this much larger pitch for another pill that would become part of the underground scene as the staid '50s turned into the swinging '60s and free-wheeling '70s, though it met a swifter decline through withdrawal and cessation of production while pinkies continue to exist even today as a rare delicacy for opioid connoisseurs:

From 1st November powerful advertising with full pages in the Medical Press, supported by a heavy mailing campaign, will introduce Preludin to the medical profession. Preludin with its outstanding features is destined to become the prescription of choice in all cases of obesity. Prescriptions for PRELUDIN will soon be handed over your counter. The medical profession will prescribe Preludin because: 1) preludin is safe, swift and sure for all patients ó even for those with cardiovascular disorders and hypertension. 2) Preludin acts quickly and effectively, and without risk, by curbing
the patient's appetite and breaking the psychogenic overeating habit. 3) Preludin enables the patient to lose weight safely and without mental
Strain by strengthening adherence to a prescribed diet. 4) Preludin, unlike dexamphetamine, does not raise the  blood pressure, does not affect the heart, and does not create excessive mental stimulation.  Be sure that you are ready to dispense this new prescription.  Supplies are available from your usual wholesaler.
PRELUDIN ó THE SAFE PRESCRIPTION FOR OBESITY Manufactured and distributed in England by Pfizer Ltd. for  C. H. Boehringer Sohn, Ingelbeim am Rhein, Registered  proprietors of the trade mark.

Wow. I may believe people capable of giving informed consent should be able to legally access any substance which works for them, but those kind of claims in a medical professional publication are truly outrageous. I have had mixed feelings about some of the lawsuits against Purdue for OxyContin- I oppose them overall as too likely to have a chilling effect on opioid prescribing when there are already vast numbers of people going without the pain relief they need in the name of fighting an 'epidemic of addiction', but can see why some want companies penalized where they exaggerated the difference between products like OC and traditional morphine (in safety and dependence liability) thereby boosting sales.
If the marketers of Phenmetrazine had been sued though- for explicitly telling doctors that a strong psychostimulant that crossed the blood-brain barrier would somehow not affect the mind or cardiac functioning even in patients with already dodgy hearts- I could only say they'd have brought it upon themselves.

Whether the long-forgotten-by-most Preludin/Filon is so much worse though than the regimens *still* prescribed for 'obesity' by 'Medically Supervised Slimming Clinics' which are advertised prominently on buses and in local press, at least where I am- of Tenuate Dospan chalkies and Phentermine capsules- that's a question I'm not so sure about...
"They say selling is a sin, So is telling young men that selling is a sin if you don't offer new ways to win"- Andre 3000.
Everybody is a product of their environment... some environments are just harder to survive in. For the 3-4-5-6-7-8 and anyone trapped or struggling. Still deserve respect.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 09:57:33 AM »
Unfortunately indeed  :-*  ;D

Ah I seem to remember a strip of those super strength trazodone (Molipaxin)... just to say there are no 'diconal amps'
The Dipipanone/Cyclizine ampoules were called PIPADONE (not Diconal like the tabs) and have not been produced for forty odd years... if they had stayed available, there may be quite a lot less Mother Superiors living with amputated limbs  >:(   

I was looking at the November 1955 Chemist and Druggist, which contained a small advert for then-new Pipadone, and also spotted this much larger pitch for another pill that would become part of the underground scene as the staid '50s turned into the swinging '60s and free-wheeling '70s, though it met a swifter decline through withdrawal and cessation of production while pinkies continue to exist even today as a rare delicacy for opioid connoisseurs:

Super-strength Molipaxin quite horrid stuff but I seem to remember that it was one of the only substances that would give you a few hours of shut eye in the event of a unwanted withdrawal. The only time I used them was when not scripted & now value my weekly already prepared pick up far too much to get into any bother for what was only a weeks worth of the heavy tricyclic haze.

Dipipanone / Cyclizine still available in both amps & tabs....if you can find a DR with a license to prescribe & kind enough to do so. Very rare these days, Dr's prefer to prescribe MST + cyclizine if needed. Cyc still available as a [P] item if your pharmacist doesn't take a dislike to your face.

Wow. I may believe people capable of giving informed consent should be able to legally access any substance which works for them, but those kind of claims in a medical professional publication are truly outrageous. I have had mixed feelings about some of the lawsuits against Purdue for OxyContin- I oppose them overall as too likely to have a chilling effect on opioid prescribing when there are already vast numbers of people going without the pain relief they need in the name of fighting an 'epidemic of addiction', but can see why some want companies penalized where they exaggerated the difference between products like OC and traditional morphine (in safety and dependence liability) thereby boosting sales.
If the marketers of Phenmetrazine had been sued though- for explicitly telling doctors that a strong psychostimulant that crossed the blood-brain barrier would somehow not affect the mind or cardiac functioning even in patients with already dodgy hearts- I could only say they'd have brought it upon themselves.

Whether the long-forgotten-by-most Preludin/Filon is so much worse though than the regimens *still* prescribed for 'obesity' by 'Medically Supervised Slimming Clinics' which are advertised prominently on buses and in local press, at least where I am- of Tenuate Dospan chalkies and Phentermine capsules- that's a question I'm not so sure about...

I'd certainly agree that there are many medications that should be available to people capable of informed consent, if Oramorph was available as a [P] item would we have so many people using street heroin, or even on scripts? Read an article the other day about the increasing number of adults in our workforce now using various stimulants, from Modanifil to Dexedrine. They surely must be coming from private clinics I thought & within 10 mins found a website which said it could diagnose my ADHD by Skype for £300+, of course my medication would cost quite a bit & then there was follow up Skpe sessions to make sure everything was going well. With services such as this available on the web it certainly does make one wonder if pharmacists should be given the right to provide certain substances to customers that they can at least see in person & get to know.
The lawsuits against Purdue are a scandal, opiates taken regularly cause dependence. Everyone knows that & 80 year old stroke victims ( & many more ) have now had there pain relief reduced from Hydromorphone to paracetamol & ibuprofen, an absolute outrage that people have to suffer in pain especially in their last few years of life, purely because their Dr's are scared of losing their license or worse still being imprisoned. The U.S. appears to have returned to the first few years after alcohol was made legal & the DEA had to find other substances to prohibit just to gain funding. If this opiophobic attitude crosses the Atlantic to the UK then I'm off to another country that focuses more on evidence rather than hysteria.
I have no intention of spending the rest of my life without opioid's or in pain. It's utterly disgusting!

physeptomaton

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 10:15:26 AM »
have you checked our usual line of communication? just there's something important for today. phy'man
"They say selling is a sin, So is telling young men that selling is a sin if you don't offer new ways to win"- Andre 3000.
Everybody is a product of their environment... some environments are just harder to survive in. For the 3-4-5-6-7-8 and anyone trapped or struggling. Still deserve respect.