Author Topic: Dopesick by Beth Macy  (Read 378 times)

Restless

Dopesick by Beth Macy
« on: December 16, 2018, 10:14:48 PM »
I have just got onto this book & am a third of the way through it. It is not available in p/back until next year. I think the author gives a brutally honest account of the current opioid crisis in America.

Whilst she doesnít come across as an supporter for the liberal prescribing of opiates. She does come across as balanced-this is sadly shown before chapter one, where she dedicates a page to the counter deaths related to prescribed opiates. What was sad was short period between their date of births & date of deaths..

Although it is available in hardback..if you have Amazon Prime you can download it for free on the kindle app.  If you donít have Prime, you can register with amazon for a free month trial.
Ď

sapphire

• Administrator
Re: Dopesick by Beth Macy
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 02:22:19 PM »
The amount of people that opioids are killing in America is literally unbelievable. How the federal government are not taking a much more harm reduction based approach I just do not know. It's even illegal to hand out clean sharps and accept back used ones in some States.

How they have not gotten rid of Donald Trump yet I just don't fucking know. The guy really is a dangerous idiot.