Author Topic: Another way to feedback about treatment services...  (Read 161 times)

Prun

Another way to feedback about treatment services...
« on: July 31, 2019, 08:27:02 AM »
Hello all

Change grow live have started using an online open feedback service called Care Opinion

https://www.careopinion.org.uk/

I've had a look and its great to see feedback and responses. I think a number of other treatment providers also use this service.

We need to get more feedback about our services, and having it in an open forum can only be a good thing. I would encourage anyone who uses our services (or any service for that matter) to consider using the site to share their experience.

Prun

Moderators: I hope its OK for me to put this link here!

sapphire

• Administrator
Re: Another way to feedback about treatment services...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 02:52:28 PM »
Thanks for this Prun, I think it's great that CGL are doing this seen as they are one if the 2 third sector providers that we do see the most complaints/concerns about.
I just hope that the service is going to be open to receiving constructive criticism and acting upon it!

It would be nice to hear from other providers, do they have similar programs? If you're a service provider, and you do have a similar feedback system, please link down below.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 07:02:59 AM »
In all fairness we probably hear the most complaints about them because they are one of the largest 3rdsector DSP's, I seem to remember a similar site name when complaining about my own treatment which was essentially NHS but Recovery orientated ( very ) I wonder if it's the same one?
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 12:03:47 PM »
Yes Op, I think one of the reasons we hear more complaints about them is that they are probably the largest non NHS provider.

However, some of the CGL sites do seem to have a history of chronic under medicating, and I can't help but think that that is the root of a lot of their problems.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 12:41:38 PM »
Don't know why getting people on decent doses is a problem, unless the user wants to stay on a low dose. If someone is getting 40ml daily & is still using but wants to either kick or abstain then why not give them 60,80,120ml ? Sure it will take longer to reduce but people shouldn't be getting reduced until they're ready to which is probably going to be after 6 months of stability ( minimum in my opinion ), 1-2 years realisticlly.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 03:50:54 PM »
Ugh, I know. All keeping folk on low doses does is encourage using/drinking in top if a script.

Just medicate people properly FFS, that way people can actually RECOVER, not be stuck in a broken system.

And for patients that want/need to stay in mmt long term, provided they are stable then their bloody GP should be able to generate the scripts, its really not rocket science.....