Author Topic: Vomitting, Methadone and keeping it down.  (Read 122 times)

timtrash

Vomitting, Methadone and keeping it down.
« on: October 24, 2019, 03:13:32 PM »
Hi guys, I have no been held steadily on 70mls or oral methadone for several years now. yes, I use here and there but truly take and reky on my script. However I'm coming up against a problem which is repeating itself and it just is not tenable. a few years ago due to H. Pylori I developed duodenal ulcers and at the time was really very ill. after over a wek of not keeping down even so much as a teaspoon of water, certainly no food. Eventually after 3 emergency appointments at my surgery and 3 at my local hospital, a DR came out, finally listened to me, accepted this certainly wasn't Gastroenteritis as I kept being told. By the time I was admitted I couldn't walk from dehydration, my sister and bro-in-law propped me up as I was so SooOOoooOOoo weak and was told it wouldn't of been much longer before I met my death from dehydration. Anyway, ever since, without any warning or as far as I can see reason my gagging reflex becomes O.T.T. sensitive and I can't keep down half a teaspoon of water so of course, ergo, I can't keep my Meth down either so very quickly get sick and just have to use, I'm not suffering that. It can happen anything from twice to about seven times each month and I can't go on. There's no point in taking an extremely needed drug if one can't even get it to stay in ones system. I don't know if tablets would be any easier, however it seems no one wants to prescribe them. Something has to be done though. I've even tried to inject the whole 70ml oral I.M. which of course with 1 or 2 ml pins takes forever and surely isn't ideal. I get Lanzorazole to help to keep my stomach acid down and cyclizine the anti-histamine to ease nausea but tbh they#re of no help when this happens.... Any ideas, anyone, at all!?!?

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: Vomitting, Methadone and keeping it down.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 01:21:30 PM »
It's certainly NOT ideal, but I'm afraid I don't have any answers. Simon possibly?
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

timtrash

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 07:14:48 PM »
Thanks Fella, I actually see my Dr on Monday so I'm going to have to speak to him. I dunno, maybe tablets would be easier or that concentrated blue stuff, so, less liquid, I really don't know. let's see what he suggests. Thank you for taking note though, appreciated, really x

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 01:42:30 PM »
Wish I could have been more help, the blue stuff would be better whether you're drinking it or injecting it, least you wouldn't have to use 70ml!!! That can't be good for you & must take half the bloomin day to do. Good luck with the DR, hopefully things will turn out for the better.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

misgog

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 04:29:01 PM »
I can only think of a high rate Buprenorphine transfer, I've seen it done a couple of times at around 70 mls but you'd need an experienced prescriber to manage it, transfer is normally 30 mls daily max, but, given what's going on I'd hazard how much Meth is actually floating round your system anyhow. Sublingual tablets shouldn't cause any issues or even better Espranol. 

Easy for me to say but please try and stop the IM Methadone   :'(

Keep us posted and good luck !