Author Topic: Feel Let Down  (Read 501 times)

froude

Feel Let Down
« on: February 09, 2020, 11:13:32 AM »
I was released from jail 11 Dec with an appointment at my DSP with a 1 day bridging script and an appointment for next day. Went to the appointment next day after being in jail for 9 half weeks with meth script to be told as I was let out early (on tag) they canít do nothing as I was released early ( 11 dec )
This seems to me to be wrong as now I have to do illegal shot , Iím not happy about
Hope your all well and had good Xmas
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: Feel Let Down
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 03:08:26 PM »
Good to hear from you, do you mean that the DSP wouldn't prescribe for you until your full sentence was served ? Sounds as if there's been a lack of communication which would be setting you up to have to sort yourself out with gear. How long until you got your script on the outside? It's not really good enough, sounds like a simple phone call could have sorted it out, but instead you're forced into breaking the terms of your tag ( I would imagine ) do you want to say what service you're with?
Hope you're well.
All the best.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

froude

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 05:01:31 PM »
Yeah Iím with Turning Point , this is a shambles what has happened , Iím fuming , yeah I have had to go out and  break my tag by sourcing illegal  shit. Complete fuck up mate , hopefully I can sort it with my DSP did I mention itís Turning Point 😡😡
Good to see  OP that your ok mate all the best froude
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

Odysseus

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 11:25:19 AM »
Sorry to hear Froude, but its great to hear from you I was wondering where you had got to.  I take it that you have things sorted now  and that you are back on a script?

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 11:56:16 AM »
Does sound like you were almost being set up to fuck up but probably just lack of communication between CPS & DSP. All the same it's not on, I'm sure that a phone call could have sorted the situation out. Worth making a "calm" complaint about. Take it easy ;)
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

froude

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 02:05:30 PM »
Yep bang on ,no one knows what they are doing from ass to elbow , turning point on Monday so hopefully some thing can be done and get on my meth script again ,doing my head in .
Have a good one every body.
Cheers.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 02:15:20 PM »
How long were you left without??? It's a bloody mess. Hope you're getting sorted now mate. Take it easy.

froude

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 07:03:07 PM »
Still no sign of the script ,appointment next week  wirh my dsp . Bloody useless the lot of em .
Have a nice day well evening
Cheers

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 02:41:57 PM »
Hi froude,  sorry to hear you were in jail, glad to hear you're now out!

If you e-mail or ring Release they will be able to liaise between the jail and your dsp and get the script sorted.

Either ring 02073242989 or e-mail ask@release.org.UK

They're really nice, and I'm sure they'll be able to do something.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 10:27:29 AM »
Fuckin useless alright, all it takes is a phone call or a hand written letter at most. Will they not even start you on 30ml?
Good luck mate, sounds like you need it.

Odysseus

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2020, 01:49:10 PM »
I just don't know Froude! It's a disgrace that you are left with no meds after being released from a sentence.  It's an establish fact that patients are at risk of OD after serving a sentence; then to be left out in the cold like that, I'm just speechless, I don't know what words to put on such a lack of care.  I hope you can hang on in there and that you get a result this week at some stage. 

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 11:00:14 AM »
Disgraceful indeed, the DSP should have to answer for it.

Prun

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 02:38:46 AM »
This doesn't sound right at all.

Would echo the advice to contact Release, or you could do the following
1) Put your complaint/feedback in email to the service manager and lead clinician for the service, describing the situation. If you haven't already received a prescription then emphasise the importance of having this prioritised.
2) If you don't receive an adequate response within a week, resend the email and copy in the medical director.
3) If you still don't get a suitable response then forward the email chain to Release and get their advocacy.

It is really important to give feedback to treatment services, to help them improve and reduce the likelihood of someone else having a similar experience. Would this be something you felt able to do?

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 09:51:45 AM »
Froude

How are you and the fam and how's the script?
Get in touch if you're having any problems.

Odysseus

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2020, 01:09:43 PM »

Hi Froude,

How are you doing mate?  Please tell me you have something sorted by now!  I was thinking as I clicked on this link 2"that I really hope something has been sorted"!  It's appalling mate, I just down know what else to say!