Author Topic: Pharmacist changing prescriptions?  (Read 212 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Pharmacist changing prescriptions?
« on: February 14, 2020, 11:18:43 AM »
Nothing to worry me about but a friend who gets prescribed opioid medication for pain on repeat prescription has just told me that that item has been removed from the repeat slip. They phoned the GP to ask why & were told that the pharmacist must have removed it. Is this possible? I'd of thought that it would of had to of been the GP who removes it from repeat, maybe it's a case of pass the buck?
A sign of things to come following the hysteria in the US surrounding prescription opioids... >:(
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
Re: Pharmacist changing prescriptions?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 01:38:58 PM »
Ive never heard of this before. A pharmacist can query what a GP has put on a repeat script, but not just take it upon themselves to remove an item. Sounds a bit shady?!

somethingvague

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 08:50:38 PM »
I know this is an old post, but wanted to clear up pharmacist's/pharmacies can't alter repeat slips. Sounds very much like pass the buck! I know my own GO has deleted stuff from my repeat slip totally accidentally. Hopefully they have got it sorted by now but you can order regular items even if they aren't on a repeat slip, from your local pharmacy usually.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 02:34:41 PM »
Yes I think it was a case of passing the  buck, the GP is trying to get them to take the slow release tablet less often, but if it says take 1 tab twice daily how can you? I have always been told by Dr's that you should do exactly as it says on the label...... ::)
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell