Author Topic: Coronavirus/Covid19  (Read 178 times)

somethingvague

Re: Coronavirus/Covid19
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 08:54:52 PM »
Hey all!

I just wanted to say as someone on a script, who also works in community pharmacy (technician) I understand your panic right now. I get my script from a different pharmacy to the one I work at. I know how disruptive changes pharmacies have been making (changes to opening hours and limit on people in the pharmacy etc) and the waiting times you may be experiencing just to get your methadone or buprenorphine may be really difficult to deal with right now.

Just know that us pharmacy staff are working as best we can under extreme circumstances. I personally know how hard it is when you're needing your script and there's an hour's queue to just get in the door! That was me the other day, made me late for work. I also know the pressure of going into my work and finding the work load is 5x what it usually is, and every single other technician/dispenser is off to self isolate. We are almost at breaking point. I've cried more this week than I have in years! But know we understand how important people's Prescriptions are, particularly blue scripts and we are doing our best to ease the pressure and waiting times for you. At least my pharmacy is😁 keep safe all.x

DowntownFil

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 06:54:24 PM »
Iíve been on a daily supervised regime for 3or 4 years. Iíve been changed to daily unsupervised pick up. Not a huge change. Still need to go to the chemist every day, despite now working from home. FYI Iím a very stable methadone patient with a good job. Just find it hard to give a clean test. PA Iím in Scotland.

John Divney

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 11:48:40 AM »
How on Earth do you manage a job while on daily supervised. Bloody barbaric. If you are stable and work why aren't you on a weekly pick up, as I was for many years...and still am. I am in Liverpool by the way.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 01:55:03 PM »
When they do extend th doses, a good question someone asked was; what's goiŮg to happen with homeless people.

They are amount THE most at risk, yet unlikely to be given more TH doses due to not having a safe place to store them.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 10:50:37 AM »
I'm just off to see what the pharmacy has for me, hopefully instead of my weekly pick up it will be fortnightly??? But have had no communication from the SMRT lot so we'll just have to wait & see. Scotland does seem to be very tough when it  comes to take homes, stable or not.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 01:37:17 PM »
Apparently if I get on ok with fortnightly, they're going to change to monthly, which would be amazing

They're only letting 2 people at a time into the chemist.

Disgusting that people are still on any kind of daily pickup in the middle of all of this. They've changed all my places supervised/daily etc to weekly, along with a Naloxone kit and the warning not to ask for more if you cane it all in the first 2 days!!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 01:15:36 PM »
As I'm sure a few will!
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

Prun

« Reply #22 on: Today at 02:42:29 AM »
Hey all!

I just wanted to say as someone on a script, who also works in community pharmacy (technician) I understand your panic right now. I get my script from a different pharmacy to the one I work at. I know how disruptive changes pharmacies have been making (changes to opening hours and limit on people in the pharmacy etc) and the waiting times you may be experiencing just to get your methadone or buprenorphine may be really difficult to deal with right now.

Just know that us pharmacy staff are working as best we can under extreme circumstances. I personally know how hard it is when you're needing your script and there's an hour's queue to just get in the door! That was me the other day, made me late for work. I also know the pressure of going into my work and finding the work load is 5x what it usually is, and every single other technician/dispenser is off to self isolate. We are almost at breaking point. I've cried more this week than I have in years! But know we understand how important people's Prescriptions are, particularly blue scripts and we are doing our best to ease the pressure and waiting times for you. At least my pharmacy is😁 keep safe all.x

Thank you for all you are doing, it is critical that pharmacies keep running and are supported. DSPs can help here by increasing take-home duration - dual benefit of keeping higher risk people safe, and reducing footfall in the overstretched pharmacies.