Author Topic: Coronavirus/Covid19  (Read 1132 times)

OP8S

• Global Moderator
Re: Coronavirus/Covid19
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 02:53:33 PM »
It was like modern day slavery. It was one of those jobs where you had to work intensley for several hours & then there would be a lull, most people would get a coffee, go for a smoke ...or whatever but the management couldn't bare to see you standing still even just to have a smoke. One day after working for three hours at a stupid fast pace we had time for a smoke, the manager tried to tell me to go home. 3 hours @ 8.75/hour - my bus fares there & back made me blow my top. I won't say what I called him or what I said I'd do to him but funnily enough I was paid for 8 hours & kept on for 3 weeks longer than the rest....unfortuneatly!
Everything is set up for it to be an employers market these days.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

thebighairy

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2020, 03:07:11 PM »
So by now most of you will know about fortnightly prescribing I guess, most service users will be on this regime now, with a few exceptions where it's not possible to manage their risk on paper. The majority of street homeless in our area have been rehoused temporarily in budget hotels, and have been kept on daily pick ups at pharmacies local to where they're staying. This is due to the risk of storing meds in temporary accommodation. It's been a  massive piece of work, considering many workers are now having to work from home and can only do telephone consultations.
If some silver lining can be picked out of this, it's that I hope services become less risk averse, and more trust can be put in service users to manage their own medications and risk.

Odysseus

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2020, 01:28:31 PM »

Just briefly how are people doing?

A number of us here are in the older section of treatment participants, [the older not the old, there is a difference!] so I hope everyone is doing ok and hopefully symptom free.  I'm in work most days, all leave was cancelled here, but it has its benefits in that it gets me out of the house, and the drawback of increasing the risk of encountering someone with the virus. 

As I'm the main carer from my Mum who is 89 there is the fear of bringing the virus into the house, but what can you do, apart from following the recommended guidelines.

Work wise all contact is by phone and I'm quite busy, I find that leaving the  other stuff like shopping until late in the evening i.e.20:00 ques if any are minimal.  They have dedicated shopping times for OAPs and carers, and Health Care staff, but they are in the morning 08:00 til 09:00.  I can't see many using it.

I have had a few fee coffees as most coffee shops if open or garages are offering free coffee to Health Care staff.  Anyway I hope everyone is safe and well and things will be back to normal eventually. 

Srript wise not much changed for me, I collect my script every 2 weeks and get dispensed weekly as normal. 

somethingvague

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2020, 07:30:57 PM »
Wow have some people been changed over to collecting two weekly? I'm still collecting weekly, same as I have for years.

In my workplace blue prescriptions have been changed to weekly, no supervised if they were supervised or more frequent. Our opening times are an hour later than normal, but those on a blue script can come in that first hour to avoid the queues (we only have a couple of patients each day though) this was my idea ;)

The pharmacy I collect from are also being helpful and let me come early.

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »
Yip I'm still on weekly. Have been on it for years ( though have had to fight to stay that way ) I was going to call them up as I rely on public transport so a fortnightly script would have suited me fine, in the end I decided it wasn't worth stirring the shit. I'm getting on okay with the people who sign it just now so let sleeping dogs lie. I'm sure that it would revert to weekly again anyway. No point in looking for trouble, though I'm pretty sure I shouldn't feel like that it is, but after years of battleing with the DSP it's hard not to.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

somethingvague

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2020, 10:39:12 PM »
Yeah I understand that! I spoke to my prescriber on Friday and he said in our area  the longest collection is weekly still but he knows some areas are giving 2 weeks at a time to those stable and those who are shielding.. I'm happy with once a week although can see if you have to use public transport why a longer pick up would be better.

Odysseus

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2020, 10:24:55 AM »
Over here max is one week, I collect two one weekly scripts but the second is post dated.  That is my normal pick up so not much of a change for me.

Glad to see you guys are doing OK!

NiamhRelease

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2020, 05:12:50 PM »
Hi All this is my first time posting here so thanks for letting me join  :) I work for Release and it would be great to have you help with our survey on the drugs market, essentially we want to find out what is happening on the ground and like everyone are worried that we may see new drugs entering the market. Especially worried about fentanyl. So far we are hearing that the market is relatively stable but there are geographical differences, in the main prices up and purity and quantity down. Lots of benzo type drugs being used in areas where it is hard to get heroin. We launched a survey a couple of weeks ago and we have had over 500 responses, but mainly about cannabis. So it would be great to have your help on getting out to people who use heroin, crack and benzos to find out what is going on - these are the folks we are really worried about. The survey, which is completely anonymous, also asks about experiences of harm reduction services. Here it is https://www.release.org.uk/coronavirus-drug-purchases-impact-survey

Any help would be really appreciated if you could share on FB groups and anywhere else that might get responses that would be great. If people don't want to fill in the survey they can just send info to drugreport@release.org.uk - which we will treat with absolute confidentiality. 

Also we continue to run the helpline so anyone who needs help with their scripts or accessing treatment send them our way.

Thanks Niamh

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2020, 06:20:02 PM »
Maybe we should start a new topic  with this, What do you think? Just had a look, get your diarys out folks. I'm unsure what I did when & tend to delete any calls,emails & messages on the subject of scoring.
Glad to have you on the forum Niamh.