Author Topic: COVID19; Can You Still Score?!  (Read 1029 times)

sapphire

• Administrator
COVID19; Can You Still Score?!
« on: March 23, 2020, 10:47:04 AM »
Hi everyone,

In these interesting times, I'm curious what is happening with people dependent on illicit drugs.

Can you still score?
Is the purity/strength the same as it was?
Are you being offered different substances in place of your DOC?
Are prices being affected?
Do you know what to do/who to contact if you go into WD?

All this kind of info is really helpful to get a comprehensive picture of what's going on so that the government committee can be informed and the correct support is in place for people who need it.

sapphire

• Administrator
Re: COVID19; Can You Still Score?!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 11:53:19 AM »
Just heard by the rough sleepers who congregate in the run up to lunch by Gregg's and little Asda (so they can beg from workers going there for lunch), that they have been waiting since 7am for dealer to firstly answer the phone, and then when he/she did, they kept getting told "5mins".
Apparently since this, the quality of heroin and crack has gone down, so has the size of the deals.

Income from begging is also down apparently.

Any other areas facing these issues?

Hope everyone's staying safe. Xxx

Restless

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 06:34:17 PM »
Yes you can still score; but as there will no doubt be upcoming issues in the supply chain the bits will either become less pure or smaller.

I imagine there is to much competition to change prices.

I would advise those dependent on illicit opiates to seek treatment as they will be classed as high risk from contracting Coronavirus.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 10:58:55 AM »
That's why the questions are being asked; so that we can help/encourage people still using illicits to access treatment.
Or for people in treatment still using illicits, to try to get a more suitable dose arranged.

So people don't have to put themselves at more risk by going out to score, to stop people needing to do extra risky things to get money for drugs, because let's face it, it's going to be so much more difficult to get money when the whole country is counting the pennies.

People could end up taking stupid risks to get money which could put themselves and others in harm's way.
Everyone's nerves are shot at the moment, so any confrontation could end very badly.

If you want to get some form of prescribed treatment, please get in touch with me, and I will get you in touch with the right people.

I know it can be difficult if you're WD'ing from opioids, but PLEASE try to stay safe and don't do anything crazy. It could have a massive, negative affect on your life that lasts much longer than this virus outbreak.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 07:37:58 PM »
So, with this lockdown in place I'm definitely worried that more people will have trouble scoring.

Lot of people still scoring over the web, and the only thing so far that's affecting that is intermittent post service.

No good giving homeless people somewhere to self isolate if 99% of them are going to be rattling, either from alcohol, drugs, or both.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 01:57:59 PM »
Speaking to people, it seems like so far that the North is not too badly affected yet. Maybe bags a little smaller or cut a little bit more, but the South sounds like it's much worse.

What are your experiences? What do you know about the ability to score in your area?

Odysseus

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 11:41:16 AM »
Supply seems to be meeting demand as normal over here at the moment.  However, our markets generally mirror what happening over with you guys.  Early days I would say but as the carious restrictions take hold or are proactively enforced will that have a negative effect on patients abilities to acquired money or substances.

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 01:30:23 PM »
Here in the NW there seems to be little sign of any change yet, but as people are now getting challenged for being out and about, I expect that will change in the next week/10 days.

Anyone have an update on what's happening in London/the south east?

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 11:13:52 AM »
Many people seem to be scoring online any way these days, and so far supplies that way have not been affected.

Here, people buying in real life, are not experiencing price hikes, but there are no more '3 for 25' and such like deals, and the size of bags has gone down a bit.

Odysseus

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 02:37:14 PM »

Hi Sapphire, sorry for the silly question but when you say 3 for 25 what does this refer to 3 what?

Is it 3 standard\alleged £10 bags for 25?

The lowest for sale over here has always been 20 , you will get 3 for 50 Euro.

Just curious

sapphire

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 01:21:58 PM »
People will often be offered 3 bags of heroin or crack for £25 instead of £30, if they're regular customers, it 5hr dealer wants to shift some shit gear.
Or some can do 2 for £15 instead of £20.

Standard bags are £10, what with the Euro/pound exchange rate now, seems like 20€ is really quite high? Mind you, do you think it's more difficult to get drugs into Ireland as it has fewer ingress points?

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 04:37:27 PM »
Bag was big but it was mediocre at best, cost £20 here unless it's someone who you're tight with. Just going to stick to my script for a while....few cyc maybe. A lot people going online for pharms with varying degrees of success.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

Restless

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »
Sapphire, although I’m now thankfully opiate-free (I can still understand the anxiety of supply/quality issues when it comes to illicit drugs) so have genuine empathy with how people must feel.

On my local regional news the other day, the council were offering the homeless hotel rooms & I assume access to treatment, but the homeless people that were interviewed by & large didn’t want to leave the streets as they felt it would affect people giving them money to score.

As an outreach worker commented “the government is trying to achieve in days, what they have been trying to achieve in 5 years’

froude

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 09:47:06 AM »
Yep still in Bristol anyway bags n amounts, I'm just out after a 2 week recall
Everyone homeless are now trying to get hotels via rough sleepers group, hard thing is getting your script if your put in accommodation out of area
Stay safe, I was lucky to come out with script this time
Froude all the best
THERE ARE A LOT OF PSYCHOPATHS IN PRISON,UNFORTUNATELY MOST ARE STAFF<br />One Half Of The World Cannot Understand The Pleasures Of The Other

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 02:57:09 PM »
Good to hear from you buddy, glad you've got a script sorted this time. Try & make sure you get a decent dose, if not ask for an increase.
Take it easy & stay safe.
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell