Author Topic: Cambridge 9...the more things change  (Read 212 times)

campanula

Cambridge 9...the more things change
« on: April 01, 2020, 06:39:24 PM »
Hi there.
I last used this service back in the days when Addaction ran our service...and unilaterally decided to stop all injectable scripts overnight. The MA were a lifeline, helping 9 of us to keep our long-tunning, stable scripts in the face of coercion. Well guess what - it's happening again. Overnight, citing the corona vurus, we have beebn informed we will no longer get our physeptone amps 'because of a shortage'...despite my pharmacist already having them. And as isial, The service (CGL) has been so shoddy that I have not even been told by a keyworker (unsurprising, I only see one every 4 months or so) but by my partner's keyworker (who risked a disciplinary by letting us know before we rolled up to the chemist.
This has been a worry for weeks - we have been trying to arrange a 2 week pick-up for more than a month. While we are aware there has been a shortage of 10ml amps, our pharmacist ordered concentrates...which we have had to use before in similar circumstances.  At least Addaction put us on an enforced reduction - CGL has just changed overnight, no reduction, no consent, just pure coercion as our amps are stopped for no apparent reason - certainly not a shortage when the pharmacist would back us up that they were available..Is this happening anywhere else|? I intend to complain to any and all authorities...because CGL have been incompetent since they acquired the tender last year. A race to the bottom. Hope the MA still has access to legal help as this is, again, abusive, dishonest shoddy medical care

Odysseus

Re: Cambridge 9...the more things change
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 12:50:01 PM »

Hi Mate,

I think I remember the incident your mentioned; was that the one where Derek used to post here ?  I'm not in the UK so apart from saying contact Release and please keep us informed; I cannot offer much more.

As a patient and a professional the situation you describe is appalling.  Keep up the fight and don't allow the to fob you off with "we are dealing with a national emergency, and there are more important things that need to be addressed".  Yes we are caught up within a national and inter-national emergency, however, that is no excuse for poor treatment!

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 02:37:58 PM »
Hi Campanula, sorry to hear that you're being put in this situation once again through no fault of your own. There was a Goverment policy on medication released yesterday, hold on & I'll see if I can find the link.
I just skimmed through it but I really can't think that it would be reason to stop your script, bare with me while I try to find the link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/letter-to-the-acmd-on-emergency-legislation-to-enable-the-supply-of-controlled-drugs/letter-from-the-home-secretary-to-the-chair-of-the-advisory-council-on-the-misuse-of-drugs

I got the link quite late so just skimmed through it & got the impression that it was there to enable those needing OST to get it with less hassle. I'm going to have a proper look at it now, I might be completely wrong but this as far as I can see is the only change to treatment in response to COVID-19.

" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell

OP8S

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 02:42:34 PM »
I've read it & see no reason why you shouldn't continue with your long standing arrangements. As far as I read it , it's there to help people. If there was a shortage of physeptone amps, you would be offered an alternative but as far as I know there isn't.
I'd contact RELEASE now.
Good luck, let us know what the problem has been???
" The problem with the world is that the fanatics are so sure of themselves while the wiser people acknowledge doubts "      Bertrand Russell